Friday, August 21, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/14 - 8/20)

Friday (8/14) We did not sleep in as late as we would have liked today due to Rocky waking up with an upset stomach. We had some clean up to take care of because of that overnight. When Adrian and I got that under control, he headed upstairs to work and I started working around the house. I spent the whole day working on stuff around the house, including finishing all of the laundry, picking up prescriptions for Rocky and Adrian, getting one of our recliners fixed, and catching up on all of the things on my to do list from this past week. I was super productive and stayed focused all day, including thru dinner when we all had leftovers in an attempt to clean out the fridge.

After dinner, we headed out for our ice cream trip for the week. We went to Dairy Hut, which is a local place that has delicious ice cream treats. We all got different things and loved everything we got. The boys declared this the best ice cream place that we have been to all summer! We enjoyed our treats on the ride home and when we got there, we played a family game of Quick Cups and AJ beat us all. He is super good at that game!! When the game was over, we got snacks together and watched our family movie of the night which was Adrian's pick "Hugo." It was slow in parts but overall a very good movie. AJ really liked it (he had a pretty awesome day!) and we had a nice discussion after it as well. Then we got the boys to bed for the night, watched one episode of "Parks and Rec" and headed to bed too. It was a great family night to end this week!!

Saturday (8/15) We slept in this morning since I didn't have enough people registered for Zumba class today. After a week of feeling tired and off, I'm finally starting to feel better today. We have a busy weekend so we're not following our normal schedule of one day of fun and one day of work. Instead we are splitting the work and fun over both days. Today we started working on our to do lists right away this morning. We were really focused and got a ton done during the day. The boys were having an all fun day so they played and watched video games most of the afternoon. We stopped them around 5:00 and headed out to Red Robin to meet Adrian's parents for dinner. We had a nice dinner out and the food was delicious as always! When we got home, the boys went back to their video games while Adrian and I played a few board games. We played Sagrada, Lost Cities, Reef and Roll for the Galaxy and I won all four of the games! I've really been on a roll with winning games recently. We let the boys stay up until midnight while we played and broke up the games with episodes of "Schitt's Creek" & "Parks and Rec." It was a great day of both fun and work!

Sunday (8/16) We slept in a little again this morning and then got up and got breakfast and coffee and settled in on the couch to watch our church services. We've decided to just watch the services from home for a few more weeks to try to minimize our risks since we're taking some risks going out to other places. After church, we called the boys down and started on our weekly chores with them. They did a great job of getting everything done and helping us figure out a few things we need to do before school starts. Adrian and I got a few things done around the house and then took Rocky on a long walk before getting ready to head out for an early dinner. We were finally able to go to Cooper's Hawk to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary! We went and had a wine tasting first, then got appetizers for dinner. Everything was delicious and it was nice to get out and be alone for a few hours.

After we finished eating, we walked around Easton for a little bit and then headed home. We got the boys and Rocky their dinners and then played a new game that arrived while we were out to dinner. We played Fort which is super easy and cute, and finally ended my winning streak! After we finished the game, we called the boys down for their night routine. We watched the season finale of "Don't" together and then got them down to bed. Then Adrian and I watched two episodes of "Schitt's Creek" and also headed to bed. It was a pretty great weekend and I'm hoping to have an awesome week this week!

Monday (8/17) Back to our normal schedule today! We got up and moving and Adrian started working from our bedroom again for the week. I got the boys thru their morning stuff and then started working around the house. I was very productive and got a ton of stuff done around the house all day. I also ran out to start the grocery shopping for this week and made stops at Dollar Tree and Aldi to get us started. I still haven't found a great rhythm to our grocery shopping, this week I'm trying to do a little each day and I'll see how that works out for us. The day passed very quickly and before long it was time for me to get dinner together and get ready for our evening activities. I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class, the first one in 2 weeks! I had a great time but I was struggling to get thru it for sure. While I was there, Adrian took AJ to Scouts where he helped with an orienteering requirement for some of the younger Scouts. When we all got home, we cleaned up from the day and then started season 2 of "Lemony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events." It started better than season 1 so hopefully it improves over this season. After that, we put the boys to bed and watched two episodes of "Parks and Rec" before we also headed to bed. It was a good start to our week!

Tuesday (8/18) We got up and moving fairly quickly this morning, Adrian headed to work upstairs and the rest of us headed out to Zoombeezi Bay for the afternoon. The boys and I had a great time for our last day there before they close for the season. We rode all of the big slides and Zak finally got over his fear and rode the Cyclone & Big Boa Falls and loved them both. The waves in the wave pool were also on for most of the time we were there which was rare this season so we spent a lot of time playing in there as well. We were at the park for just over 3 hours and had a great time! We'll be heading back one more time next week for their bonus night event.

When we got home, we all took showers and then I relaxed a bit before making tacos for everyone for dinner. Then I headed out to teach my last Aqua Zumba class for the summer. We had some new people join us tonight and everyone had a great time dancing in the pool and then hanging out and chatting after class. It did get a little chilly after a while, but we were able to get a lot of time in the water which was great. When I got home, we took Rocky on a quick walk and then I was ready to collapse from being so tired. So we got ready for family movie night and watched Daniel's pick of "Scoob." It was very cute and everyone really enjoyed it. When it was over, we got the boys to bed and then Adrian and I watched two episodes of "Schitt's Creek" and then headed to bed too.

Wednesday (8/19) Adrian and I were up and moving early and thankfully the boys slept in a little bit. Adrian got Rocky thru her morning routine and dropped her off at daycare for the day. I got started on some stuff around the house, including taking a Zumba Step class with another instructor and recording a Zumba Toning for my students. It was a busy day and it passed quickly with me being super productive around the house and the boys finishing a few things on our summer to do list including another puzzle. After I picked Rocky up from daycare, we had an early dinner together before we split up for our evening activities.

Adrian and the boys headed out first to a church youth group event at Hannah Park. Our youth group hosted a fun scavenger hunt/challenge at the park so the boys went to check it out. It was technically only for the older boys but Zak tagged along and had a great time too. Their team came in second place in the challenge and they all came home with some fun snacks for their efforts! While they were there, I headed to the church to work for an hour and then to Giant Eagle to pick up a few more groceries. When we all got home, the boys had some free time, Adrian finished up some work from the afternoon and I cleaned up from the day and baked our next batch of Amish friendship bread. We all finished up and watched the new documentary on Netflix about video games called "Game Over" before getting the boys to bed. Then Adrian and I watched two more episodes of "Parks and Rec" before we also headed to bed for the night.

Thursday (8/20) I was up and moving super early this morning because I had my annual physical this morning. Everything looks good and my doctor said to just watch my weight and try to increase my activity levels. When my appointment was over, I headed to Meijer to pick up a few things and then came home to start the day here. I was very productive around the house while Adrian worked at home and the boys enjoyed some video game time. We did a few more things on their summer to do list and were all very productive all day. The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time for dinner and to get ready for our night activities. 

I headed to the church to teach a super fun Zumba class and then to Kroger to pick up the final groceries for the week. While I was there, Adrian cleaned up from dinner and set up a board game for us to play as a family. We played "Fortnight Monopoly" which was someone's choice from a few weeks ago that we finally had a chance to play. It's a super fun game and AJ finally won a game! He's been on a rough streak of losing every game we play so I'm glad that he finally won a game. After the game, we watched another episode of "Series of Unfortunate Events" and then got the boys to bed. We got our snacks and watched two episodes of "Schitt's Creek" before we followed them up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment