Monday, August 24, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 23 - Aug 29)

We did a pretty great job sticking with our meal plan from last week and getting a handle on all of our leftovers. I didn't feel like cooking on Friday so we bumped that meal to this week and made sandwiches and finished up the salad that we made the day before. It was nice to have an easy week in the kitchen and I'm glad we were able to catch up on all of the food that was in our refridgerator without any of it going bad. I'm hoping we can keep a better handle on things going forward.

This week is an in between week. Last week was catching up after having a little vacation since we had family here and next week school starts for the boys so we will have a little bit more of a set schedule. This week we are finishing up all of summer projects and getting ready for school. We are also trying to squeeze in as much fun as we are able to. I'll be cooking most days this week and then starting next week we'll have a little bit more of a set schedule. I plan to do a set leftovers day every week going forward since we're not eating as much leftovers since Adrian is working from home. I'm also hoping to do a big meal on Sundays that can yield more meals during the week with less work.

We continue to get delicious fruits and veggies from our CSA and plan our meals around them. Again we fell behind a little bit on those and have a ton of stuff to use up before it goes bad. But we have a plan and should be fine to eat it all. We are turning towards more fall items so we'll have a lot of apples and squash coming up soon. The nice thing about those is that they last a long time so I won't need to focus on them as soon as I get them. We have been impressed with all of the produce again this year and I assume we'll be continuing with this CSA next year.

Here is what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Out (I'm going out with friends and Adrian will pick something up for himself)
Tuesday - Tacos for the kids and Pork Fajitas for the adults
Wednesday - Hummus Crusted Chicken (using up the rest of my homemade hummus) and corn on the cob
Thursday - Pasta using up the rest of my homemade sauce and a Brussels Sprouts Salad
Friday - Steak on the grill and corn on the cob
Saturday - Leftovers

Water Flavor - One more week of pear flavored water to use up what I have. It's such a good flavor, I'll be sad not to have anymore. I'm sure I'll have it again in upcoming weeks.

Baking - We have friendship bread from last week so I don't think I'll be baking anything this week. We'll be getting donuts for the first day of school next week and I plan to make scones next weekend so I want to make sure we eat what I have already before getting any more baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment