Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 19 - Jan 25)

So my meal plan from last week pretty much went in the toilet once I got sick.  I was too tired to cook or do anything plus I didn't really feel like eating.  Adrian did make the chicken fajitas on Tuesday and also the pork on Monday.  But other than that, he had leftovers, sandwiches and pasta all week.  We ordered out a few times as well because it was Marco's pizza fundraiser night and also because I was sick and craving junk food.  So now we are resting this week and getting back to healthy eating and home cooking this week.

This is an interesting week since we all have Monday off but then the rest of the week is super busy.  I also don't know if I'll be subbing this week or not.  I don't have anything on my schedule right now, but that doesn't mean I won't get jobs during the week.  I'm planning as if I'm working all week and then if I'm not I will enjoy the extra time.  I'm also losing my errand running day on Wednesday because the boys have doctor appointments that day.  So I'll be doing smaller trips on the other days this week and then setting up a big Kroger pick up order for Wednesday.

Here's what we're eating this week, most of it is carryover from last week:
Sunday - Take Out Chinese while we watch football
Monday - Italian Sausage Soup with Air Fried Acorn Squash
Tuesday - Tacos for the kids and Shrimp Fajitas for the adults
Wednesday - Garlic Chicken & Pasta
Thursday - Meatball Subs for the Adults and Regular Meatball Subs for the kids
Friday - Italian Sub Salad
Saturday - Philly Cheesesteak Wraps

Water Flavor - This is the one thing I was thankful to have last week.  The cucumber mint water was great to have while I was sick and trying to recover.  It was so refreshing and felt good on my sore throat.  I'm doing the same flavor this week because I have a little bit of both left over.

Overnight Oats - I didn't make it to the store last week so I still don't have any Almond Milk to make these.  I'll be going early this week so I hope to find time this week to set up at least a batch with the flavored yogurt I have.  If not, I'll do bars this week for breakfast and start with oats for sure next week.

Use It Up - This is the last of my pork shelf in my pantry.  Next week I will move on to the beef shelf.  I'm also really just focused on using up the veggies I bought for these meals last week and never made before they go bad.  It was a pretty easy week to plan since I just bumped everything from last week to this week.

Lunches - I'll be having salad for lunch everyday this week in an effort to get back on track and eat healthy.  Wednesday I'll be eating on the run so I may have a sandwich that day but the rest of the days will be salads.  Not super exciting but it's what I need this week.  Plus I bought lettuce last week and didn't use it so I need to use it up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment