Monday, January 13, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 12 - Jan 18)

I did OK sticking to my meal plan for last week the first half of the week, and then it fell apart the second half of the week.  On Thursday it took us forever to get home after school, work and dentist appointments so I did not have time to cook before our night activities.  So we just had pasta that night to make a quick and easy meal.  Then on Friday neither Adrian or I felt like cooking or eating anything healthy so we decided to just eat whatever we could find to make that day.  So some of our meals from last week are being pushed to this week.
This is another busy week around here, as are most of them for the forseeable future.  We have something every night and most of our weekends are full.  I'm really working hard to make sure we have healthy, easy meals each night and that we aren't eating out.  I'm going to continue to make sure we have pasta and sandwich stuff available all of the time so that we can always fall back on those items if we don't have time to cook whatever I have planned.  I will say that having the instant pot and air fryer are making things easier for sure!!
Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Out to eat at my brother's house for my niece and nephew's Baptism
Monday - Air Fryed Acorn Squash and Frozen BBQ Pork
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys & Fajita Stuffed Chicken for the adults
Wednesday - Instant Pot Potato Soup
Thursday - Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry and Air Fryer Wontons (carryover from last week)
Friday - Italian Sub Salad
Saturday - Philly Cheesesteak Wraps (carryover from last week)

Water Flavor - Cucumber Mint.  I got some mint last week from the grocery store and could not wait to use it in my water.  I grabbed a cucumber from Aldi as well so I'll have light refreshing water all week.

Overnight Oats - I'm out of almond milk and didn't realize it so these are on hold this week.  I will grab more milk on Wednesday when I do my shopping and hopefully have time to set them up that night.  If not, I will be without oats this week and just have bars for breakfasts.

Use It Up - I'm continuing to use up my squash supply and using an acorn squash.  I also have a lot of pototoes so that's why I decided to make that soup this week.  Finally I have a lot of lunch meat opened after hosting a lunch last weekend so I'm using those up in the salad on Friday.

Lunches - Most of my lunches this week will be salads since I am trying to get back to eating healthy and that is the best option for lunch.  If I don't have time to make a salad, I will bring leftovers for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment