Saturday, January 11, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/3 - 1/9)

Friday (1/3) Easing back into our routine today with some commitments.  Adrian got up early and headed into work for the day.  I slept in a little bit, later than I had planned because I accidently turned off my alarm instead of snoozing it, then got up and moving because I was teaching an Aqua Zumba class this morning.  I got the boys settled for the morning, then headed to the Y and taught an awesome Aqua Zumba class.  We had so much fun and I saw some friends I haven't seen in a while!  It was great to catch up with everyone and dance with some of them.  I was there longer than I thought I would be but it was a great morning and I'm super excited to get back to teaching next week after a long, but much deserved, break.

When I got home, I got everyone lunch and then we did some of the homework we have largely been ignorning for the past two weeks.  Thankfully the boys didn't have much to do so we'll be done before they go back on Monday, but I wish we had spaced it out a little better.  Then they played video games and I worked around the house to pass this rainy day.  We were planning to go to ZooLights, but since it rained all day we are postponing until this weekend.  The day passed quickly and soon Adrian was home for the night.

We all had leftovers for dinner, it has been great not cooking for the past few weeks too!!  I'm really going to be in for a rude awakening come Monday when I have to go back to doing everything.  Then the boys played more video games, doing a nice job of taking turns playing on their new VR headset.  Adrian watched the OSU basketball game and then we played one of the preliminary games for Pandemic Legacy Season 2.  It's a totally different game than Season 1 which isn't exactly what we were expecting.  We won, but just barely, tonight.  It will take some practice to get better at this new game.  We'll probably do at least one more preliminary game before we start the first month.  After the game, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  Then we watched an episode of "Bless This Mess" and headed to bed too.

Saturday (1/4) We all slept in this morning for the last time for probably a month or so.  We had a lazy start to our day and then Adrian and Zak got ready and headed out to Home Depot to make a mini hockey game.  They had fun, Zak really enjoys doing these workshops!  While they were there, I got started on some work around the house that I have been putting off for the past two weeks.  We spent most of the day working around the house, including taking down all of our inside Christmas decorations.  The boys helped us with some of the cleaning and also played video games while we worked.  Adrian and I watched both of the NFL playoff games, we were happy for the Texans to win the first one, although we would have liked to see the Bills win too.  The second game we were cheering against the Patriots, and we were so happy to see them lose.  It was another great game and I'm glad they were both interesting.  We let the boys stay up a little later since it's their last night of vacation, but eventually got them down to bed.  After the football games, we also headed to bed since I need to get up and moving in the morning and then we go back to our regular schedule on Monday!

Sunday (1/5) I had to get up with an alarm for the first time in weeks and I did not enjoy it.  I got up and moving so I could head to church to serve in childcare in the first service.  I had a fun time in the class and then got to go to a great service for the second service.  When that was over, we had a childcare meeting because we have a new director for that ministry so they shared some changes and improvements they are hoping to make in the next few weeks.  While I was at church all morning, Adrian and the boys got some things done around the house.  When I got home, we alternated between working around the house and watching the two NFL playoff games.

The day passed quickly and before long it was time for dinner and to start getting our stuff together for the week ahead.  We all go back to our normal schedule tomorrow so we need to be ready.  After dinner, the boys did the rest of their weekend chores, had a little bit more time on their VR headset and then we did their normal night routine.  We got them down to bed at their early bedtime so they are ready for school tomorrow.  Adrian and I came down and finished a few things while watching the Golden Globes in the background.  Then we watched an episode of "The Goldburgs" and headed to bed for the night.  It was a weird break for us and while I'm sad to see it end, I'm excited to get back to our schedule and break out of this lazy funk we seem to have fallen in to.

Monday (1/6) We are back to our regular routine today & hopefully we will be here for a while!  Everyone got up and moving bright and early this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before he headed out to work for the day.  Then I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school, then came home to wake Zak up.  I had a special surprise for him, his class was on TV doing the Pledge of Allegance this morning.  They taped this back in Sept and he has been SO excited to see himself on TV.  He was very excited to go back to school & see if everyone else saw it too.
After I dropped this TV star off at school, I came home to work around the house for the day since I wasn't subbing today.  I got a ton of stuff done around the house and feel really good starting this week.  The day passed quickly with me working and Rocky making sure that I wasn't leaving the house like all of her other humans did today.  Before long we heard the bus and ran to meet AJ and Daniel at the door.  Then I walked up to pick up Zak from school.  All three boys had a great first day back to school today and I was happy to hear all about them.

After some free time for the boys, we got started on our homework.  Everyone had homework tonight, it seems like second semester will be tougher than first around here.  While they worked on homework, I got dinner started for everyone.  We had a quick dinner and then I headed out to the church to teach my first Zumba class of the year.  I had 28 people in class and we had a blast!!  I'm so thankful for this opportunity and I look forward to an awesome year with all of these ladies.  While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting tonight.  They had a good time and AJ continued to work towards his next rank.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then we finished up cleaning up from dinner, got our snacks and watched two episodes of "Bless This Mess" before heading to bed too.

Tuesday (1/7) Day two of our routine and we are killing it so far, ha!  We all got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he left for work for the day.  I dropped Daniel off at school and then came home to wake up Zak and get him ready for school.  I dropped him off and came home for the day again since there were no subbing jobs again today.  I was super productive again today, although not quite as productive as yesterday.  I got a ton of stuff done and the day passed quickly.  I also took a nap with Rocky on the couch for about 30 minutes and it was awesome.

Before long it was time to get everyone from school.  I headed over to pick up Daniel since he asked me to pick him up today, then came home and we waited for AJ to get off the bus.  Then I walked up to pick up Zak from school since the weather is pretty nice today.  After I got everyone home for the day, I headed back up to the school to teach Zumba for some of the teachers there.  We had an awesome class and laughed a ton during the hour!  Then I came home and got everyone thru their homework while making tacos and fajitas for dinner.  We enjoyed our dinner together and then Adrian took the boys to get haircuts since all four of them were overdue.  We didn't notice over break because everyone was sick and unshowered.
When they got home, it was time for the boys' night routine.  We got them down for the night and came back down to finish up a few things in the kitchen.  Adrian also installed Daniel's new hard drive in his computer, which took a while since he wasn't sure exactly what he was doing.  We got our snacks for the night and then watched some TV and headed to bed.  I've been really tired all day today, I think it's getting back to our busy and early routine!!

Wednesday (1/8) We got up and moving on time again this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and ready and on the bus and then headed out to work.  I got Daniel and dropped him off, then got Zak ready and dropped him off.  Then I came back home and picked up Rocky to drop her off at the vet for her spay and microchipping appointment.  After I dropped her off, I ran a few errands before heading to the Y to teach my two Zumba classes.  We had an awesome time and it was great to be back with everyone after a long break!!

After class, I ran a few more errands, then went and picked up AJ and Daniel from school.  We made a quick stop at home before heading out to pick up Zak from school and head to the dentist for AJ and Daniel's check up appointments.  Both boys teeth look great and there are no cavities, yay!  The dentist did recommend that we get an orthodontist consult for AJ as he has a slight overbite so I'll get that figured out in the next few weeks.  After the dentist, we headed to the vet to pick up Rocky.  She is doing great after her surgery, just a little disoriented from being put under and then having to wear the big cone.
When we all finally got home, the boys got started on their homework while I worked on dinner for all of us.  We had breakfast for dinner, the boys had pancakes and I had a quiche and breakfast sausage, everything was delicious!  When we were done, they headed upstairs to watch some TV while I cleaned up and got a few things done down here.  Before long it was time for their night routine and bed time.  Adrian came home from Bible study as we were reading so he was able to help get everyone to bed.  When the boys were in bed, Adrian and I finished cleaning up from dinner, then he headed to bed and I finished up a few things and watched some of the "Real Housewives of Dallas" reunion before I headed to bed too.

Thursday (1/9) After a late night, it was rough getting up and getting moving today but we did it.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and ready and on the bus before he left for work for the day.  Then I helped get Daniel ready and dropped him off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready.  We headed in together because I was subbing all day in the school for the first day since break.  I had a great day with some awesome 3rd graders and it passed quickly and went really smoothly.  It was also fun to see all of the other staff after having just over two weeks off from work!
After school, Zak and I headed to the dentist for our 6 month cleaning appointment.  They both went well, although I do have a small cavity that I need to go back to get filled.  We were a little late getting there so our appointments went later than I thought they would.  Adrian also got stuck at work late so when we all got home, we had less than an hour to get homework and dinner done and get back out the door.  Adrian cooked pasta for everyone while I helped the boys finish their homework.  We ate quickly and then Adrian and Zak headed out to their first Crossover basketball practice and I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.

AJ and Daniel did a great job taking care of Rocky while we were gone most of the afternoon and evening.  She is adjusting to having the cone on and is doing pretty well not jumping and running.  She does get really excited when we get home, but we're working on keeping her calm during that too.  I'm proud of AJ and Daniel for stepping up and helping out!  After we all got home, we were really wiped out.  We did as much as we could around the house and also took care of Rocky & let her take her cone off for a little while.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for the night.  Then we watched an episode of "Bless This Mess" and "Superstore" and then headed to bed for the night.  Getting back to our routine is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment