Monday, January 20, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 1/10 - 1/16)

Friday (1/10) We were all exhausted this morning and no one wanted to get up!  Between school, work and all of our activities starting, plus a few extra things we are wiped out from this week.  We did finally get up on time and got AJ and Daniel ready for school.  AJ decided he didn't want to take the bus today so I drove them both to school and then came home to get Zak ready.  I dropped him off at school and then came back home since I was only subbing in the afternoon today.  I got a ton of stuff done around the house this morning and was super productive in the short time that I had at home.  Then I headed in to school to sub and taught a few small Math groups this afternoon.  Thankfully it was a very easy and fun afternoon working with great kids!

When school was over, we all came home for the weekend.  The boys helped with Rocky and then headed upstairs to play on their VR headset and watch YouTube.  I got a few things done and tried to rest a little.  Adrian got stuck at work late again and when he finally got home, he told me he really didn't feel like going to the play that we were supposed to go to tonight.  I was SO happy because I didn't feel like going either.  So we decided to cancel our plans and stay home and relax.  We had junk food for dinner, watched some TV, relaxed on the couch and had an amazing night!  We let the boys stay up a little later since it's the weekend and when they went to bed, we watched one more comedy and then I headed to bed to rest up for a very busy weekend ahead!

Saturday (1/11) After a great night of sleep, Adrian and I were up early ready to start our weekend.  I got ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  We had a great class, got a great workout and laughed a lot and also did some extra exercises after class.  While I was there, Adrian took Zak to his first week of his new bowling league.  He is super excited that a boy from his class is on his team this season!!  He did pretty well this morning, bowling a 95 and a 73.  When we all got home, we cleaned up the living room and kitchen and got ready for my parents to come over for a short visit.

My parents got here and we had a nice lunch of sandwiches and salads and then celebrated Christmas with them.  We all got some new clothes and gift cards and are very excited about using them!  Then we played a game of "Just One" with them before all heading out to AJ's first basketball game of the season.  His team got crushed, but AJ played pretty well, especially as the game went one.  He almost scored his first basket & I nearly passed out when he did.  It was a fun family afternoon visiting with my parents, I'm glad they were able to see all of us!

After the game, my parents headed back to Carl's house and we came home and had dinner and got some homework done.  Then the boys had some video game time while Adrian and I cleaned up and watched the end of the NFL playoff game.  Then we settled in for family movie night watching Zak's
pick of "Paddington."  It was pretty good, better than we were expecting it to be!  After the movie, we got the boys down to bed and then watched the second half of the other NFL playoff game.  When the game was over, we headed to bed for the night as well since we have an early morning tomorrow.

Sunday (1/12) We were up and moving early to get to Sunbury for my niece and nephew's Baptism.  We met the family for church at 11am and after a nice mass, they had the ceremony to baptize Isabelle, Vinnie and a few other children.  Everything was very nice, but a little long.  The boys were champions thru the whole process and are very excited to be going back to "our" church next week.  After the service, we went back to Carl's house to spend some time with the family and friends who were there for the ceremony.  We enjoyed a delicious lunch together and some quality time catching up with each other.
After a few hours of hanging out at their house, we needed to head back home for the night.  The boys had homework to finish and Adrian and I still had some stuff to do before our week starts.  Unfortunately on the way home, I started to not feel well.  By the time we got home, I had a horrible sore throat and headache.  I went upstairs to lay down & fell right asleep.  When Adrian came in to check on me later, I had a raging fever.  I pretty much slept the rest of the night while Adrian got the boys thru dinner and homework and did as much stuff around the house as he was able to get done.  I called out of work for tomorrow already in hopes that a lot of sleep will help me feel better.  If not, I'll be heading to the doctor first thing in the morning.

Monday (1/13) I slept for like 15 hours last night and woke up feeling OK.  I'm glad that I made the decision yesterday to call out and for Adrian to get up with the boys, deal with them and work from home for the day to help me out.  He got everyone up and out on time to school, and even packed their lunches mostly right (Daniel said he forgot to open his fruit snacks but other than that it was good!) I got up and came downstairs to hang out with Adrian and Rocky for the day.  I spent most of the day resting and trying to get a few things done around the house.  I decided to not teach my Zumba class tonight in hopes of a full rest day today meaning I'm OK for the rest of the week.

The day passed quickly and before long it was time to get the boys from school.  AJ and Daniel took the bus home and Rocky was so excited to see them that she jumped the gate we put up to keep her in the kitchen and living room!  She may have popped one of her stitches so she's going back to the vet tomorrow to double check.  Adrian walked up to pick up Zak and I continued to rest most of the day and get a few things done around the house.  I helped the boys finish their homework and then we all had dinner together since we were all home.  Then Adrian took AJ to his weekly Scout meeting where they learned how to tie more knots and prepped for their upcoming camping trip.  When they got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down for bed.  Adrian stayed up to watch the college football championship game but I decided to go to bed early in hopes that I wake up feeling 100% tomorrow.

Tuesday (1/14) We all planned to get up and moving on time this morning, but unfortunately Zak was up most of the night throwing up.  And even though I'm still not feeling 100%, I'm hoping to power thru the day so I got up with AJ and Daniel while Adrian and Zak slept in and stayed home for the day.  I got AJ and Daniel ready and dropped them off at school for the day.  Then I came home and got myself ready for the day and headed into school.  I subbed in kindergarten all day today and had a pretty good day, although I did have a few coughing attacks during the day.  Thankfully the kids mostly behaved and I had a pretty easy day.

After school I stayed after to teach a Zumba class for the staff at the school.  There were only two teachers who came so we had a lower intensity class today.  It felt good to move, but I did struggle thru the class.  After class, I came home and helped Adrian make tacos for dinner for everyone.  Then Zak and I got ready and headed to our first Scout meeting of the year.  We practiced our skits for next week and I was very thankful to have a lot of parents helping out because I was feeling really bad.  When we got home, I did a few small things around the house and then headed to bed.  I'm hoping to feel better in the morning but if I don't, I will be heading to the doctor to figure this out.

Wednesday (1/15) The alarm went off and I felt worse than I have all week.  I went downstairs and Adrian told me to go call out of work and go back to bed.  He got the boys out to school again and then headed to work.  I went back to sleep but not before setting my alarm to wake up to call for a doctor's appointment.  I called them when they opened and got an appointment for 1:00 so I went back to sleep for a few hours and then got up and showered and headed to my appointment.  My diagnosis is walking pneumonia and I got a prescription for antibiotics and a few suggestions for over the counter medicines for some relief.  She also told me lots of rest and fluids and no work until at least Friday.  I went to Meijer to pick up my supplies, then picked up all three boys from school before heading back home for more rest.
AJ was excited to tell me that he had a short day at school today because the last two periods he had his reward for good behavior in the second quarter.  He went to the gym and got to hang out with his friends and play games like basketball and dodgeball.  He said they could also have their phones but none of his friends had theirs so he played and chatted with them instead of playing on his phone.  When we got home, I got the boys thru their homework and then ordered Marco's pizza to be delivered for dinner tonight.  I called out of work for tomorrow and took care of a few things while waiting for Adrian to get home from work.  He thankfully skipped Bible study to come home and help me with the boys.  When he got home, I headed to bed for the night and he took care of the boys the rest of the night.  He got them down to bed, cleaned up from dinner and took care of Rocky as well.  He slept downstairs so that I can get a good night of sleep and also told me to turn off my alarm and sleep in tomorrow morning and he will take care of getting the boys out to school for the day.
Thursday (1/16) I slept in again today and Adrian got all three boys up and out to school on time and then headed to work for the day.  I got up late and came down to hang out with Rocky for the day.  We did more of what we did yesterday, watched some TV, read, rested and relaxed.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time for the boys to come home from school.  AJ and Daniel got off the bus and took care of Rocky like they usually do.  I went up to pick up Zak when it was time for him to come home.  Then I got the boys thru their homework while I was still resting on the couch.

Adrian came home a little early so he could get dinner for himself and the boys.  Then he headed out to the church with Zak for his basketball practice.  They had fun and Zak did a great job!  I hung out at home with the other boys while they were there.  When they got home, I went to bed for the night because I was feeling bad again.  Adrian got the boys thru their  night routine and down for the night.  I was really hoping today would be the turning point for me, but it does not seem like it was.  My fever is back so I'll be calling out of work again tomorrow and resting.  Thankful we have a three day weekend to recover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment