Saturday, September 7, 2019

Keeping Up With...2019 Goals (August Recap)

I did much better this month getting my recap done, it's still the first week of the month, yay!  I had a weird August, mostly because it felt like two separate months as it usually does.  Since the boys go back to school in the middle of the month we have a few weeks of fun and then a few weeks of getting back to our routine every year.  And this year is no different.  We have a lot of changes to adjust to this school year including everyone riding the bus, Daniel going to school earlier, me subbing way more often and Adrian working a lot of overtime.  Plus we still have a lot of after school activities to juggle and I'm still teaching 5-6 classes each week.  It's going to be busy but we also love being on a schedule!!

This month was weird in relation to my goals as well.  I didn't do a lot towards the goals the first half of the month but I got a ton accomplished after the boys went back to school.  And since I didn't really sub a lot in August, I had a lot of days that I was home by myself so I really focused on getting stuff done around the house.  It always amazes me how much I can get accomplished when I don't have anyone else around to distract me and demand my attention.  I have a huge backlog from this year so far so I am working on doing one thing from my giant to do list each day during the week so that each week 5 things will get crossed off.  The problem is every time I finish one thing, two more things seem to get added to the list, ha!
Here's how I did on my goals in August:
  • Lose 50 30 pounds - Lost 0 pounds this month, 21 pounds so far this year!!  I actually gained a few pounds this month but I'm still down for the year so I'm considering it a win.  I'm refocusing for the next 4 months and am hoping to end the year down 10 more pounds for a total of 30 pounds for this year.  A little off the goal that I originally set but I'll still be happy.
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - 235 days (out of 243) - I missed another day this month.  It was the first Sunday after school started and I was just exhausted and didn't feel like doing anything, so I decided to rest.
  • Read the Bible in a Year - 243 days so far
  • Read 100 Days to Brave - DONE!!
  • Read "Be Still and Know" - 243 days so far
  • Read 20 books - 11 books so far.  In August I finished "Woman Last Seen in Her 30s," "The Beauty Myth," and "The Color Purple."  I loved the two novels that I read, both were great!  And I'm thankful to have "The Beauty Myth" done, it's been on my to do list for a long time.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - 3 books done so far
  • Read "The Beauty Myth" - DONE!!
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - 24 blog posts so far this year.  I'm happy to be back to this weekly!
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - 35 blog posts so far
  • Write 12 9 goal recap blogs - 5 blog posts so far
  • Pay off $3,000 of credit card debt - DONE!!  We've actually paid off $3,200 paid off so far
  • Renovate the living room - DONE!!
  • Watch 40 movies - 33 movies so far.  In August we watched: "Hotel for Dogs," "Angry Birds 2," "Pokemon: I Choose You" and "Iron Man"
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - 9 dates so far.  In August we went out for a double date with Carl & Sarah for dinner and ice cream at Jeni's.  It was unplanned and so fun!  We also left the boys for that date and they did great so hopefully we will be OK going forward without a sitter.
  • Sub 70 days in the schools - 25 days so far
  • Do one group fitness training - DONE!!  I'm officially licensed to teach Aqua Zumba now.  I'm super excited to add this license to my resume and hopefully will start teaching a class regularly in the fall.
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - 5 jams attended so far this year
  • Clean out master bedroom - spent 20 minutes working in there
  • Clean out play room - We spent an hour working in there this month and are about halfway done with cleaning out the room.  We have made great progress and the boys have decided to get rid of a lot of toys that they no longer play with!
  • Have 12 family board game nights - had 5 family game nights
  • Play Pandemic Legacy with Adrian once per month - We played 8 months so far.  We had to play August twice because we lost the first time.
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - DONE!!  6 nights out so far, although this month was actually a day out with friends.  I went shopping and out to lunch with a friend after our boys went back to school for the year
  • Go on an awesome spring break vacation to Florida - DONE!!
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - 70 things done so far.  We are going to slow way down on this now that we are back in school.  We may not make this goal, but we have had an epic year and I'm super excited about all of the memories we made this year!
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - none planned so far and not sure we can do this now that we have a dog to deal with too

No comments:

Post a Comment