Thursday, September 12, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/30 - 9/5)

Friday (8/30) We made it to another weekend, and thankfully this is a long weekend!  Adrian and Zak were so excited about the long weekend that they decided it should start at 4am.  Thankfully I was able to go back to sleep for a while longer.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready and then he headed to work for the day.  After I got them on the bus, I played two games of Sorry with Zak before we both got ready for our day.  I got him on his bus and then headed inside to start on stuff around the house.  Although I would rather be subbing, I'm getting a ton of stuff done around the house with these long days at home without the kids!  The day passed quickly and before long it was time to get everyone off the bus for the weekend.  We were all pretty exhausted and worn out after the long week so we just had a chill night at home.  The boys played while I worked around the house, we had leftovers for dinner and an early bedtime for the boys.  Adrian went to CABS so I was on my own for the night.  After the boys went to bed, I enjoyed some wine and this week's episode of BH90210 before heading to bed too.

Saturday (8/31) After a great night of sleep, we were up a little earlier than we wanted to be on a weekend.  Zak woke up early and then I had to get up and moving to head to the church to teach Zumba.  My friend who does childcare had a family emergency so Adrian also had to get up and moving with me to help out with the kids.  We had a great Zumba Toning class and Adrian survived with the kids.  After class, I dropped Adrian off at home and took Daniel and Zak to pick out birthday gifts for Vinnie.  Then we came home, had a quick lunch and got ready to head out to Vinnie's 3rd birthday party!

On our way to the party, we stopped by to see a lab breeder and check out a few puppies.  She has awesome dogs, but not one we can take home right now.  We may get one from her newest litter which will be ready to come home in October.  After that quick stop, we headed to Carl's house for the party.  We had a great time visiting with them and enjoying the party.  The highlight for the boys was the balloon artist who made them giraffes, Pikachu and swords.  After the party, we headed home to have a quick dinner and then settle in for family movie night.  We watched "Iron Man" for Daniel's pick this week because the boys want to watch all of the Avengers movies in order since they haven't seen most of them.  AJ and Daniel loved it and it was cool for Adrian and I to see it again and refresh our memories of it.  Zak wasn't a fan, which I knew would happen, because there just wasn't enough action.  After the movie, the boys headed to bed and Adrian and I watched an episode of "This is Us" before we headed to bed too.
Sunday (9/1) We all slept in today after a long week, and we all needed it.  Since no one got up early enough to all get ready to head to church, only Adrian went to the first service this morning while the rest of us stayed home and got ready for our day.  After lunch we headed out to see breeder number two and of course fell in love with the silver male lab that they have.  We took him home with us today!!  We let the boys decide on his name and AJ came up with it - Rocky!!  We are so excited to have a dog in our house again!!
We spent the rest of the afternoon trying to be productive around the house while playing with the super cute puppy too.  We had a quick dinner and then settled in for another movie night since we don't have time next weekend for a movie.  We watched "Wonder Park" for my pick for the week.  The boys liked it but Adrian and I thought is was just OK.  After the movie, we got the boys down to bed for the day, but Zak came back down soon after because our neighbor was doing their annual fireworks display.  We brought Rocky out with us and enjoyed a fantastic 10 minute show in our yard!  After we got Zak settled back in bed, Adrian and I watched another episode of "This is Us" and then headed to bed for the night.  We're super excited to have the alarms off tonight since tomorrow is a holiday!!

Monday (9/2) We all slept in a little since it's a holiday and we have the day off.  We didn't really have anything planned for the day and that's pretty much what we did.  We spent a good chunk of time and effort training Rocky.  We're focusing on potty training and getting him used to the crate since he'll spend a lot of time there this week since we all have to go to work and school.  In between all of that, Adrian and I worked around the house, the boys finished all of their homework and we played some video games and board games.  It was a very chill and productive day, my favorite kind of holiday!  Adrian grilled dinner for us and then I headed out to teach my Zumba class at the church.  I had a great group for a holiday & we all had a fun and sweaty Zumba Toning workout.  When I got home, we got the boys down to bed, finished up a few things and then watched another episode of "This is Us" before heading to bed.  Even though it's a short week, it's a busy one for us!
Tuesday (9/3) Back to our normal routine today!  We all got up and moving early this morning and Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready before heading out to work.  I got them on the bus and then got Zak and myself ready for our day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing for a few hours this morning.  After subbing for 2 hours, I headed to the Y for my first ever Aqua Zumba class.  I was super nervous and kept forgetting my choreography, but class went pretty well and everyone had fun!  It is super hot to teach on the deck in the pool area and it will take some getting used to for sure!!
After class I had a short break for lunch then taught my Silver Sneakers class at the Y.  I got a really great workout between those two classes for sure!  After class I ran to the library really quick and then came home to see how Rocky did in his crate all day.  He did great!!  He was super excited to see me thought and after we went outside he cuddled up to me and wouldn't leave my side for about 30 minutes!  Soon after I got home, the boys' buses dropped them off and we were ready to start on our night routine.  After a few TV shows, we got thru everyone's homework while I made dinner.  Adrian and Daniel both came home today not feeling well so they spent a lot of the night relaxing.  After dinner I took the boys to get haircuts because they looked really shaggy & we have school pictures soon.  When we got home from haircuts, it was time for our bedtime routine so they cleaned up, watched a show and we headed upstairs to read.  After we got them down for the night, Adrian and I finished up a few things downstairs and then watched another episode of "This is Us" before heading to bed for the night.  I'm hoping everyone feels better tomorrow morning!!

Wednesday (9/4) Adrian and Daniel were still not feeling well so they decided to stay home for the day.  Daniel slept in and Adrian got up and helped me get AJ up and out to the bus on time.  Then Zak and I got ready and we headed into the school together so I could sub.  I was only scheduled for the first half of the day but when I got there, they needed someone all day so I did that instead.  I had a good day with a great group of 3rd graders and got back into the subbing groove pretty quickly.  I met Zak at the end of the day and we headed home to see how everyone was doing.
Thankfully Adrian and Daniel were both feeling better after a day of rest!  Daniel got some homework done during the day while we were gone and Adrian ended up working for about 6 hours from home.  When we all got home, we got thru our afternoon routine and homework pretty quickly.  We had dinner together, then Zak and I got ready to head out to his soccer practice.  I dropped him off and ran a few errands while he had a great practice.  When we got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  My throat was starting to hurt so I did a few things, watched an episode of "This Is Us" and headed to bed early to hopefully fight off whatever I have.

Thursday (9/5) Everyone was feeling better today, so we all got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get the boys ready and then headed to work for the day.  I got AJ and Daniel on the bus and then got Zak and myself ready for the day.  It was picture day for Zak so he picked his favorite shirt to wear in his pictures.  We headed into school together because I worked the first half of the day as a floating sub in the building.  I finished up around 1:00pm so I went and ran a few errands before heading home.  When we all got home, we took a short break and then the boys helped me put away groceries and empty the dishwasher.  We also got thru homework and dinner since I had to work at night.  Adrian is out at a board game convention all night so I'm on my own again.  The boys were super helpful and we got thru everything and I got out to work on time.  I had a great Zumba class with my group at church and then headed back home to do the night routine and get the boys down to bed.  When they were in bed, I finished up a few things around the house then watched an episode of Real Housewives before heading to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment