Sunday, September 8, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 8 - Sept 14)

I did pretty good sticking to my meal plan for last week considering the week did not go exactly as I had planned.  Adrian and Daniel were both sick during the week so I had to do some extra things in the evenings that I wasn't expecting.  I also ended up subbing considerably more than I thought I would, which actually worked out great for me since I would like to be subbing as much as possible right now.  I made almost every meal I planned expect for Friday night's meal.  I was just worn out after the week and Adrian wasn't home so I decided to have a sandwich and salad for dinner that night instead.

We continue to be super busy this week, that will probably be the norm for at least the next 6 weeks or so.  There are a ton of fall events that we do, plus Scouts are super active right now and Zak has soccer.  I am subbing every day this week and we have something every night.  I have a plan for the week, but I also have a lot of pasta ready to go as well as sandwiches and salads.  I'll be using the instant pot a lot this week, both as a pressure cooker and as a slow cooker.  And we are still trying to make sure we keep up with our veggies from our CSA.  I had to throw out half of a cucumber last week because it got lost in the veggie drawer.  But that's the first produce I have thrown out in a very long time!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled Steak, Green Beans & Corn on the Cob
Monday - Lemon Feta Chicken with Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans
Tuesday - Pulled Pork (from the freezer) over slaw for the adults, Tacos for the boys
Wednesday - Eggplant Parmesan (carryover from last week)
Thursday - Mexican Stuffed Peppers and Roasted Kale
Friday - Asian Beef Slaw and Wonton Soup
Saturday - Firecracker Salmon and Roasted Kale

Water Flavor - Lemon Apple.  I had one more apple left from the bag that was bad and now I have a bag of lemons from Monday's recipe so I am using up the rest of them in my water.

Overnight Oats - I'm taking a week off from these this week.  I have a few mornings worth already made and I didn't use up any of the protein powder that I wanted to last week so I will be doing that this week. 

Use It Up - I'm again trying to use up the protein powder in my pantry for my breakfasts.  I'm also using up all of the fruits and veggies that I have in the fridge and all of the meat for meals this week is from my freezer, including using up the drumsticks that I found down there.  I'm also using up a bag of pulled pork and some wontons from the freezer.  My shopping list is only about 10 items this week, I'm pretty much just using what I have.

Lunches - I got a few bags of flavored salad last week on a buy one, get one deal so I'll use those to start the week.  The rest of the week will probably be leftovers or sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment