Saturday, December 1, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/23 - 11/29)

Friday (11/23) We all slept in a little today and then had coffee, cheesecake and donuts to start our day.  We then started Adrian's pick for the week which was a family board game day.  We started early and played games all day long with lots of breaks in between.  We would play one or two games and then do a few chores around the house and then come back to the games.  We also took a large break in the middle of the day to decorate our Christmas trees.  We enjoyed leftovers and snacks all day and it was a very fun, relaxing family day.  After we finished our last game of the day, the boys got a snack and then we all watched "Frosty the Snowman" together before they headed to bed.  Adrian and I split a bottle of wine and played one more game before I headed to bed and he watched the OSU basketball game.
Saturday (11/24) We all slept in again today but then had to get started pretty quickly because "the game" was on at noon and we had company coming for dinner later.  We got a few things done around the house, finished decorating the inside of the house and ate a light lunch before the OSU vs Michigan game started.  I kept working around the house while Adrian screamed at the TV.  Carl, Sarah, Isabelle and Vinnie got here shortly after halftime to celebrate Carl's birthday.  We enjoyed watching the end of the game (especially since OSU won!!), eating too much (dips, pizza, cake!) and drinking yummy wine.  While we adults hung out downstairs, the cousins had a blast hanging out together upstairs.  It was a great family day together!!  After they left, we watched a new to us Christmas show "Robbie the Reindeer" which was just OK, then the boys headed to bed.  Adrian and I cleaned up a little but were super tired and full so we decided to just watch a little TV and then go to bed.  One more day of Thanksgiving break tomorrow to enjoy before it's back to our hectic schedules.
 
Sunday (11/25) It was our last day of sleeping in for a while and we took advantage.  We had nothing on our calendar, again for the last time in probably a month, so we also took advantage of that.  We spent a lot of the day relaxing and working around the house.  Since the weather was nice, we did all of the outside Christmas decorations.  We also made Zak's rain gutter regatta boat, finished all of the boys' homework, got the house ready to host life group tomorrow and rearranged the fridges and freezers.  We ate leftovers all day so we didn't have to worry about cooking.  We watched the Jets hang tough with the Patriots for a while but then lose in the end and saw a bunch of other good football games.  We finished the night watching "Frosty Returns" with the boys and then a few comedies after they went to bed.  It was the perfect end to our fun and relaxing family Thanksgiving break.  I'm not looking forward to the alarm tomorrow but we do love our routine!
Monday (11/26) Back to our normal routine today!  It was rough to get up this morning but we managed.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got the other boys up and ready for school.  I dropped them off and then ran quickly to Meijer where I finished up my Christmas shopping for Adrian and the boys.  Since I had a rare day off from subbing, I worked like crazy around the house for the rest of the day.  I got a bunch of stuff done around the house and also cooked two different chilis for my small group tonight.  The day passed quickly and soon it was time to pick up everyone from school.
 
When we got home, we got thru homework, did some last minute cleaning and then the boys had dinner since they wouldn't eat chili with the small group.  Adrian came home from work and picked up AJ and headed out to his Scouts meeting.  I had a good meeting with my small group discussing James and AJ did great learning knots at his Scouts meeting.  When the meetings were over, we go the boys down for bed, finished cleaning up and watched an episode of "Will and Grace" before heading to bed.  It seemed like a long Monday, probably because we were getting back to our schedule after a long break.

Tuesday (11/27) We got up and moving early again today since it was a full day.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got the boys ready and dressed as their favorite book characters for school today.  I dropped them off and headed to Harcum to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  I had a fun time and was excited when my boss was called out during one of my classes by his pregnant wife who was in labor.  After my classes I headed into school to volunteer in Zak's class and did sight words with about half the class and was also their guest reader for the day reading them "Pete the Cat & the Tip Top Treehouse."
After school, we headed home to get ready for our busy night.  Zak had both wrestling practice and his raingutter regatta for Scouts.  We quickly got thru homework and dinner and then I headed out with Zak to head to wrestling practice.  He did great practicing and had fun, he's really enjoying this new sport!  Then we ran next door and got ready to race his boat.  He did OK in the race, racing four times, winning twice and losing twice.  He was upset when he lost the second time but recovered quickly and is ready to make some changes for his boat next year.  When the event was over, we were exhausted and we headed home to get ready for bed.  Adrian and I got the boys down and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed ourselves.
 
Wednesday (11/28) It was rough to get up this morning since we had such a busy night last night, but we were able to get up and going.  Adrian took AJ to school and the rest of us got ready and headed into school together since I was subbing for the day.  I had a pretty good day with a class of second graders and it passed very quickly.  When school was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home for the night.  The boys were super excited to hear that we had nothing planned for the night!  So the four of us took our time getting thru homework and dinner and spent a lot of the night just watching TV and relaxing.  I caught up on a few things around the house and got ready for a busy rest of our week.  Adrian got stuck working late and then headed to his board game group for a few hours before coming home.  He got home soon after I got the boys to bed so we got snacks and then sat down to watch the first part of a 2 hour "Survivor" before heading to bed for the night.

Thursday (11/29) We got up and out again on time this morning.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got the other boys ready and dropped off to school.  I headed out to Harcum to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes and ran a few errands between classes.  When I was done teaching, I headed home to relax for a little while before I had to pick the boys up after school.  I picked up Daniel and Zak and then we headed over to Central to pick up AJ after Model UN.  He was super excited to tell me that his country (Turkey) was chosen as one of the countries they will be representing at the conference in March.  I'm so proud of him for trying so many new things this year!

When we all got home, we got thru homework and dinner quickly before heading out to our night activities.  I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class and had a fun time with a great group of ladies.  Adrian headed to the church later with AJ for his Crossover basketball game.  AJ played pretty well and Adrian had fun coaching since the other coach had to step in and referee the game.  When we all got home, we were exhausted after the busy day.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Adrian and I started watching the Cowboys game but I only made it to halftime before calling it a night and heading up to bed.  Thursdays are really long days for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment