Monday, December 10, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/30 - 12/6)

Friday (11/30) We are wrapping up another week with a super busy Friday on tap.  We all got up and moving on time and Adrian drove AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got the other boys up and ready and then we headed into school together.  I was subbing in Zak's class today and he was super excited to spend the day with me.  I was also able to drop them off at library and sneak down to Daniel's class to read them a quick book to wrap up right to read week.  They were all excited to hear a new to them Pete the Cat book.  Unfortunately, it was a rough day in Zak's class.  But we survived and put it behind us!
After school, I was exhausted and we still had to get ready for a busy night.  I pulled some leftovers together for everyone for dinner then headed out to the church to work as the facility rep for the night. I brought AJ and Daniel with me since AJ had basketball and Zak had wrestling.  Adrian took Zak to wrestling then came over to coach AJ's basketball game.  It was a super busy night for all of us!!  When we all finally got home, we got the boys to bed, had some wine and headed to bed ourselves.  Hoping for a relaxing weekend after a rough Friday!!

Saturday (12/1) The day started a little earlier than I wanted it to when Zak came in around 6am to wake me up to find out where Dad was.  Adrian had already left for his early morning small group so I had to get up with Zak.  I hung out with him and had some coffee before getting ready to head to the church to teach Zumba.  I had a great class with 5 of my friends from the Y joining me for class to visit.  We had fun dancing together and then some of us went out to brunch together too.  Such a great way to start my weekend!!
While I was out with my friends, Adrian took the boys to Home Depot to do their wood craft for this week.  They had fun making their own sled with a reindeer pulling it.  They were excited to come home and add them to our decorations.  They also picked up a few things we needed, including khaki pants for AJ to wear in his band concert later this week.  When they got home, we got a few things done around the house while the boys played video games.  Then we had a quick, light dinner and got ready for a busy night.
Zak's finished sled
Daniel's finished sled
AJ's finished sled
We headed out for our magical night of Christmas fun.  We started by stopping to mail the boys' letters to Santa at the local Santa mail box.  They should get a return letter in the next week or so.  Then we headed to the movie theater to see "Elf" on the big screen.  We all enjoyed it as always, laughing so hard at some points we were crying.  The boys enjoyed eating popcorn and the ring pops that their elf, Doctor Donkey, brought for them this morning.  When we got home, we did their normal bedtime routine and then Adrian and I watched the Big 10 championship while starting on our wine advent calendar.  I'm glad OSU won the game, even if I didn't make it to the end!    
Sunday (12/2) We all slept in a little and enjoyed our morning at home before heading to second service at church.  We got a surprise when AJ bit into a cookie and lost a tooth!  The boys enjoyed their time in children's church while Adrian and I went to our service.  After service we came home and got to work around the house.  The boys finished up their homework for the weekend and Adrian and I worked on our to do lists.  He took AJ out to get shoes for his band concert this week and while they were out shopping, AJ confessed he knew we were Santa.  They had a good conversation about it and then AJ and I did later too.  The day passed quickly and soon it was time for our evening activities.  Adrian took Daniel and Zak to their last martial arts class until January while I took AJ to his One8ty Christmas party.  We had fun playing games, doing a white elephant exchange and eating some yummy food.  When we got home we did their normal night time routine, watched the Jets lose and finished our second bottle for our advent calendar.  It was a productive and relaxing Sunday.
Monday (12/3) Back to the grind today after the weekend.  Adrian drove AJ to school while I got the other boys ready and we all headed out together.  I was subbing all day in the school so we went in together for the day.  Daniel and Zak headed to their classes and I had a great day with a group of second graders.  When school was over, we headed home together to get ready for our busy night.  But when we got home, we were all really tired and a little stressed so we decided to skip small group tonight so Daniel, Zak and I could stay home for the night.  We still got quickly thru dinner and then had pasta for dinner.  When Adrian got home, he took AJ to Scouts for the night while the rest of us stayed home and relaxed.  When everyone was home for the night, we did the boys' nighttime routine and got them down to bed.  Daniel hit a big milestone before bed and read for 1,000 minutes so far this month for his challenge from his teacher.  After we got them to bed, Adrian and I had our 3rd bottle of wine for advent, watched a few comedies and headed to bed for the night.
Tuesday (12/4) We got up and moving today although we were all very tired.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got the other kids up and ready for school and we had some excitement while we were getting ready.  There was an accident up the road knocking out our water pressure for just over an hour.  Daniel wasn't able to take a shower & we all had to make some adjustments to get ready without water.  I dropped the boys off and then the school called because they were also without water and were considering closing.  Thankfully our local water utilities handled the situation quickly and the school was able to stay opened.

While the boys were at school, I taught my 3 Silver Sneakers classes and ran a bunch of errands.  The day passed quickly but thankfully I got almost everything done.  I picked up Daniel and Zak on my way home and we came home to meet up with AJ.  I was super excited to hear that no one had any homework tonight!  They played for a while and I got a few things done around the house and then made tacos for dinner.  Zak and I ate and then headed out for a busy night.  He had wrestling and Scouts back to back tonight.  He did great in both places and worked really hard, especially in wrestling!  In Scouts we enjoyed making our own trail mix and learning about healthy food choices.  When we got home, it was time for the boys' night time routine.  We got them down to bed, opened our next bottle of wine and finished up cleaning up the kitchen.  We watched a few comedies and then headed to bed.  I can't believe it's only Tuesday!
Wednesday (12/5) We all got up and moving on time this morning after a great night of sleep.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got everyone else ready and we headed into school together.  I subbed in a 1st grade class today and had a great day with them!  After school, we headed home to meet up with AJ.  We got thru homework and dinner quickly because AJ and I needed to head back to his school for his first band concert.  I stayed with him during warm ups and then Adrian brought the other boys over for the concert.  There were almost 200 6th graders in the band and they sounded great!  We were really impressed, especially considering most of them have only been playing for 10-15 weeks.  AJ had a great time and said he was only a little nervous but he was more excited!  After the concert we came home and enjoyed pretzel bites that our elf brought and got the boys down to bed.  Adrian and I had our bottle of wine for the night and then headed to bed too.
 
Thursday (12/6) We got up and moving on time for our busy day.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got everyone else ready.  I dropped Daniel and Zak off at school and headed to Harcum to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  I ran a few errands between the classes and then headed home and had about an hour to relax before I had to pick everyone up from school.  I picked up Daniel and Zak and then we headed over to Central to pick up AJ who had his Model UN meeting after school.  He is super excited that his school got Turkey as one of their countries and he is on that team for the competition in March.

After we all got home, we got thru homework and dinner and then I headed out to teach my Zumba class at the church.  I was tired but we had a great class together!  Adrian was working late but thankfully his boss had him leave and come home so that he could work late here at home rather than being stuck in the office.  When I got home, I cleaned up a bit and got the boys down to bed.  Adrian and I opened our bottle of wine while he worked and I finished up a few things around the house.  Since I was so tired, I had a small snack and then headed to bed too.  Thankfully Adrian didn't end up working too late and he was already home when he was done.  We may not be that lucky next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment