Friday, December 21, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/14 - 12/20)

Friday (12/14) Adrian ended up working until 2am yesterday so I got up and got AJ dropped off at school on time.  Then I came home and rushed around to get Daniel, Zak and myself ready for school.  I was subbing all day and in Zak's class again.  We barely made it on time and thankfully his class had library so I dropped them off and got settled for my day.  Unfortunately Zak had a horrible day with me, his behavior was a nightmare!  I had to have other teachers help and even they had little success.  We came home and I was annoyed and embarrassed, it was not one of my better days as a sub or as a mom.

Thankfully Adrian was able to leave work and get home soon after we got home.  I took Daniel and we went to Target to get a gift for his friend's birthday and look for stuff for his cousins for Christmas.  We picked up Marco's pizza for dinner so I didn't have to rush to cook.  Adrian took Zak to wrestling practice to further give us some space.  When they got home, we settled in to string some popcorn (our elf brought the supplies) and watch "A Christmas Story."  The boys loved doing both things!!  It was their first time seeing the movie and they liked it, especially AJ.  When the movie was over, we got them down to bed, did a few things and then I was so tired I headed to bed too.  It's been a long week and I need some good rest!
Saturday (12/15) Ugh, I was up most of the night with the dreaded stomach bug.  I hate that it always hits the worst in the middle of the night!!  I sent an email in the early morning hours to cancel my Zumba class and my volunteering at the church.  I'm super bummed to miss everything we had planned today - Zumba, wrapping party and Wildlights with the family - but I need to rest and recover.  I spent most of the day in bed sleeping and watching TV.  I was able to watch the entire Jets game, which I enjoyed even though they lost.  Adrian hung out with the boys all day, they mostly just played board games and video games all day.  Daniel had his friends' birthday party this afternoon and he had a blast at his house.  I did manage to come downstairs for a few hours to eat some toast and watch the Christmas Light Fight with the boys.  When they went to bed, Adrian and I also watched Survivor from the past week since we haven't had time.  We unfortunately had to skip our bottle of wine tonight since I'm not feeling up to it.  I headed back to bed after watching those two shows, hoping to wake up feeling better tomorrow!

Sunday (12/16) We all slept in this morning and after a great night of sleep, everyone seemed to be feeling OK.  We decided to have a relaxing morning at home and miss church, just in case anyone's stomach acted up or if we were still contagious.  We spent the day bouncing between relaxing and getting a few things done around the house so we're ready for the upcoming holidays.  We were surprised with an early gift from Santa today that was delivered by our elf.  He gave us tickets to see "Charlie Brown Christmas Live" at the theater downtown and a gift card for Red Robin for dinner.

We headed out to the show in the late afternoon and got settled in our seats a little before show time.  We all loved the show, it was really cute!  It stuck mostly to the TV special with a few added extras for the live version.  We found out that our friends were also there so we decided to meet them for dinner and we all went to Red Robin after the show.  We had fun chatting and eating the delicious food, and I was thankful to be hungry and be able to keep down my dinner!  After dinner we headed home and watched another episode of the Christmas Light Fight show before getting the boys down to bed.  After they were in bed, Adrian and I did a few things around the house, opened our bottle of wine and watched a few comedies before heading to bed too.  It was a great family night!
Monday (12/17) We thought we would be back to normal today but I spent half the night up with a sick AJ and sick Adrian.  Then when Zak got up, he said his stomach hurt too so everyone just called in sick and stayed home for the day.  The guys all spent the day relaxing and watching TV while I worked on trying to get all of the stuff I had planned for the weekend done.  We did have a funny surprise when we woke up to see our elf had toilet papered our tree!!  It was a fairly productive day for me, despite being slowed down a little by taking care of the sick ones.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time to start our night routine.  We watched another Christmas Light Fight and saw Clifton Mills from OH win!  Now the boys want to go there so we are planning a trip for after Christmas.  After we got the boys to bed, Adrian and I watched a comedy and then he headed to bed.  I stayed up watching TV and filling out Christmas cards for a little while before heading up myself.  Crossing my fingers that everyone is healthy in the morning!
Tuesday (12/18) After a great night of sleep the alarm felt early this morning.  But thankfully everyone was feeling good so we all got up and moving to head where we were supposed to be.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed into work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school before heading to Harcum to teach my three classes.  We had three really good classes and I got a bunch of errands run in between and after classes.  Then I came home to pick up the boys from school and come home to get ready for the evening.  Thankfully only AJ had homework, and he only had Math so we got thru that quickly before dinner.  After dinner, AJ, Zak and I headed to Zak's Cub Scout pack meeting.  It was cross over for the older boys and a few joined AJ's troop so he was there to welcome them in.  We enjoyed the ceremony and then had a quick visit with Santa at the party.  When we got home, we watched some of the Christmas Light Fight and then I got the boys down to bed.  Then I came down, cleaned up and relaxed with some Housewives.  Adrian came home from work not feeling well so he went to bed after work.
 
Wednesday (12/19) Adrian still wasn't feeling well so he stayed in bed this morning.  I got AJ up and ready for school and then dropped him off.  Then I came home and got Daniel and Zak ready for school and dropped them off too.  After everyone was at school, I headed out to run a bunch of errands to get ready for the holidays & catch up on a few things I needed to do.  I was out for about 4 hours and got everything done!!  I only need to get some fresh seafood and bread closer to Monday and then I'm ready for the next two weeks.  When I got home I was hungry and tired so I relaxed for a bit before starting to put all of the groceries away.  Before I knew it, it was time to pick up the boys from school.  We had a rare night with nothing on the schedule so we relaxed a lot and they played some video games.  We got thru all of their homework and I made pasta for dinner.  We watched more of the Christmas Light Fight before I got them down for the night.  Just as I got them down, Adrian finally came down feeling better so we watched the first half of the Survivor finale and then I went to bed.  I'm so thankful I was able to get everything done today!!

Thursday (12/20) Once again, we were finally all healthy and able to go where we were supposed to go.  We all got up on time and Adrian took AJ to school while I got everyone else ready and dropped off.  Then I headed to Harcum to teach my three classes.  We had fun in each class, even though they were smaller than usual, and I got some nice gifts from some of my students.  I was also able to run and get my hair cut between classes and run a few errands after class before I needed to pick everyone up from school.  When we got home, we quickly finished all of our homework so we could get ready for our busy night.
We had leftovers for dinner in an effort to clean out the fridge to make room for all of the food this weekend.  Adrian got home from work very late but just in time to pick up AJ and head out to their basketball all star celebration.  They had fun watching the video from the season and competing in some fun events.  AJ won the crazy lay up contest with his creative lay up!!  He was so proud of himself!  While they were there, I taught my last Zumba class of the year at the church while Daniel and Zak hung out in childcare.  Once again the class was small but fun!  When we were all done, we headed home and did a few things around the house before getting the boys down to bed.  Then Adrian and I finally got back to our Advent calendar and watched the end of the Survivor finale while we drank our wine and then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment