Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/9 - 11/15)

Friday (11/9) Once again no one wanted to get up this morning when the alarms went off.  We are struggling to the finish line of this week.  I am hoping for some good sleep this weekend so we can reset and have a great week next week!  Adrian took AJ to school while I got ready to head to the church to sub for the preschool again.  Adrian was supposed to take the other boys to school and then head to work but Zak said he wasn't feeling well and convinced Adrian to let him stay home for the day.  I had a pretty light morning at the preschool since there were a lot of students out sick.  Then I headed over to West to sub as the music teacher for the afternoon.

When the day was over, Daniel met me in the class I was in and told me he had a great day.  He did great in his Veterans' Day assembly this morning and then was given his belt for safety patrol for the next few weeks.  He will be stationed in an area of the school to make sure kids are following the rules - he was born for this job!!  When we got home, we saw that Zak was feeling better and ready for a fun night.  Adrian and AJ got ready to head out for a weekend camping trip and I ran dinner over to a friend who is recovering from surgery.
After we had dinner, Adrian and AJ headed out for a cold, but hopefully fun, weekend of camping.  Daniel and Zak played Minecraft for a while and I got caught up on as much as I could around the house.  Then we watched some TV together before I brought them upstairs and got them settled in for a "slumber party" since Daniel will be sleeping with Zak since AJ is gone and Zak doesn't like to sleep alone.  When they finally went to bed, I got a little wine, got a little snack and watched some Housewives until it was time for me to go to bed too.

Saturday (11/10) Our day started earlier than I wanted it to when Zak came in around 6:30am to start our day.  The upside to being up that early was that I got a few things done before getting everyone ready to head out the door to go to the church for my Zumba class.  I was surprised with one of my Y students showing up for class and it was the best surprise!  We had a fun time dancing in class and got a great workout to start the weekend.  When class was over, I grabbed the boys and we headed home for the rest of the day.  They played video games, watched TV, did homework and played together while I worked around the house.  We took a few breaks to eat together, play a game of "Dixit" and watch "Journey to the Center of the Earth."  When they went to bed, I had more wine, snacks and Housewives.

While we were warm and cozy in the house all day, Adrian and AJ were outside most of the day at their camp out.  I got a few updates from Adrian during the day.  AJ got to shoot riffles, blow guns and a few other guns while working on a merit badge.  He also helped cook breakfast for his Troop this morning.  They are cold and tired but are having a good time.  I was happy to get some updates from them throughout the day!
 
Sunday (11/11) We had a rough night of sleep and both Daniel and Zak ended up in bed with me at different parts of the night.  None of us got enough sleep overnight but thankfully we all fell back asleep early and slept until almost 9am.  Unfortunately since we got up so late we missed the first service of church.  We had a bit of a slow morning just watching TV, playing video games and I enjoyed my coffee.  Then I started to get ready to head to my Zumba jam.  But then I heard from Adrian and he was going to be late getting back and it seemed too stressful so I decided to skip the jam and stay home with the family.

Adrian and AJ finally got home and AJ was super excited to tell me all about his camping trip.  He really enjoyed all of the shooting that he got to do and said the only bad part was the cold weather.  I'm glad they had so much fun!  But I could tell he was exhausted so we pretty much gave him the rest of the day off to rest.  Adrian and I worked around the house and watched the Red Zone network since the Jets game was horrible.  He did take all three boys to Martial Arts tonight since we've missed a bunch of classes, and all three did great but Zak was especially excited.
After they got home from class, we all had dinner and then finished up everything the boys needed to do for the weekend.  Then AJ asked us to play Monopoly so he and I played Monopoly Gamer together and he just barely beat me.  When we finished, they did their snack, show and bed routine and Adrian and I came down to finish a few things and settle in to watch the Cowboys game. He has tomorrow off so we pushed bedtime a little later than normal to watch the game. 

Monday (11/12) We enjoyed a little bit of extra sleep since Adrian is off today for Veteran's Day.  But since the boys still have school so we had to get up and get them ready and out the door.  Adrian drove AJ over to school while I got the other boys ready.  After we dropped them off, we had a nice breakfast of bacon and egg sandwiches and then headed out for a day date.  We went to Kohl's to start our Christmas shopping then headed to Easton for the rest of the day.  We went to Cooper's Hawk for a wine tasting and to pick up our back log of monthly bottles.  Then we walked around a little and did some window shopping before stopping at Flipside for burgers and fries for lunch.  After that, it was time to head back to reality and pick up the boys and head home to start our night activities.
We picked up the boys and then all came home to get ready.  We got thru homework and started getting ready for dinner when Daniel told us he didn't feel well. Since strep throat has been going around his hallway at school, we decided to be safe and stay home from small group tonight.  I was bummed to miss tacos and fellowship with my group, but it was the right decision.  Adrian took Zak to wrestling and I gave Daniel and AJ dinner and was going to take AJ to Scouts.  But he said he was really tired after the camping trip all weekend and asked to skip the meeting.  We decided that would be OK just this once, and were honestly a little excited about the lighter schedule for the night.  Adrian came home after wrestling and we all relaxed, watched some TV and then headed to bed for the night.  It was a great way to kick off our week!

Tuesday (11/13) We were back to our regular schedule today since Adrian had work today.  Thankfully Daniel was feeling fine so he was able to go to school and Adrian and I were both able to go to work.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed into work for the day.  I got the other boys ready and then headed into the Harcum Center to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  When classes were done, I headed into Zak's classroom to volunteer and practice sight words with as many of the students as I was able to see.  They get so excited when I come in and they all want to show me how many words they can read.  When school was over, we picked up Daniel from his safety patrol post and headed home.  We quickly got thru homework and dinner and then I headed to the church to work at the front desk for a few hours.  I got home just in time to help with bedtime for the boys.  When they were done, we finished up a few things around the house and watched a few comedies before heading to bed for the night.

Wednesday (11/14) We all got up and moving on time again today.  Adrian drove AJ to school and I got the other boys ready and dropped off to school.  Since I was only subbing for a few hours in the middle of the day, I ran a bunch of errands and then headed into the school for a brief time subbing in the 3rd grade.  Then I had a few hours in the afternoon to get some stuff done around the house before everyone got home from school.  When we were all home, we got thru homework and dinner quickly before I headed out to the church to work as a facility rep for the night.  Adrian got home from work and took Zak to wrestling practice.  We all got home just in time for bedtime for the boys.  When they were settled, Adrian and I watched "Survivor" and then headed to bed as well.  It was a pretty typical mid-week day for us.

Thursday (11/15) We were woken up early and thrown off our schedule by getting the call that the schools were on a two hour delay.  Adrian needed to get into work so he left quickly and headed downtown.  He thankfully made it there safely and in pretty good time.  I hung out with the boys and had a lazy morning with them while trying to figure out how to juggle the rest of the day.  I had to cancel my first Silver Sneakers class of the day so I could get everyone to school on time.  When I had dropped them all off, I headed to Harcum and taught the second two classes for the day.  I hate to cancel classes but I also know the roads were super icy so it was the best decision for everyone.

After my classes were over, I headed into school to have Daniel's annual IEP meeting.  He's doing really well in speech and the goal is for him to be done with therapy at the end of this school year.  After the meeting, I picked up Zak and Daniel and we headed home.  Adrian texted to let me know he would be late so I was on my own for the night.  I got everyone thru homework and dinner and then we headed to the church for the night.  I taught my Zumba class while the boys were in childcare.  AJ headed into basketball when his practice started and the other boys & I joined him later.  We enjoyed watching him play, he did a great job!  He earned the coach's award for never complaining and playing his hardest today.  I was very proud of him!  When the game was over, we all headed home and got ready for bed.  I got the boys down and Adrian finally got home.  We watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  It was a long "short" day and I'm not looking forward to a winter that is predicted to be cold and icy!

No comments:

Post a Comment