Saturday, August 25, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 26 - Sept 1)

We did pretty good last week getting back to our schedule and following our meal plan.  We had lots of stuff going on but we managed to make everything work out.  This week is slightly less busy and then we have a long holiday weekend.  And that is the calm before the storm around here.  Then we will kick up into high gear during Sept.  We will have more soccer, more work for me, Scouts for Zak and church youth group for AJ.  We are confident we can make it all work but we will need to be super smart about meal planning to avoid the drive thru.

We ended up having a date night Friday night so we went out to dinner and I bumped that planned fish dinner to this week.  Other than that we stuck to our plan even though there were multiple nights that I didn't feel like cooking.  This week I'm going back to having one leftovers night each week.  It gives me a break from cooking and helps empty the fridge.  We didn't have it last week because the fridge didn't have much in it.  Most weeks it will be Wednesday because Adrian doesn't usually come home between work and his Bible study group.

Other than that this week will look much like last week.  I'm focusing on easy healthy meals with lots of variety.  My goal is to have one dinner each week with chicken, pork, beef and fish/seafood.  Then I also want to have one soup and one pasta.  That's six different meals and the last one will be either leftovers or a quick meal of salads or sandwiches.  For me it's easier to plan that way, at least for now.  It helps me narrow down my recipe options.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Pulled Pork Tacos
Monday - Sloppy Jane Stir Fry
Tuesday - Jerk Chicken Tacos
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Fish with Parmesan Sour Cream Sauce
Friday - Pepperoni Pizza Soup
Saturday - Kale and Red Pepper Frittata

Water Flavor - Apple again until they are all used up

Overnight Oats - We are back in the habit of eating these every morning.  I used up all of my flavored yogurts last week so this week I'll make a few double batches using my normal recipe and add some flavors to it.  I'll do one plain, one with peanut butter & chocolate chips and one with cocoa.  That should be enough for the week.

Use It Up - I bought a bunch of fruits and vegetables last week so I will be using those as sides all week.  I'm also using up some of the meat in the freezer for the dinners and the Greek yogurt that I have for the oats.  And I'm going to bake cookies from the freezer for the boys one day this week to use those up.  I have three packs in the freezer so I'll be trying to use those up over the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment