Friday, August 3, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/27 - 8/2)

Friday (7/27) Today was another slow start for all of us.  Adrian finally got up and moving, although he wasn't feeling very well.  He headed out to work while I got the boys ready for the day and then headed out to the Garver Y to sub a Zumba Gold class for another friend who is out of town this week.  After my class, I had fun staying for a Zumba class.  It was my friend's first time teaching a class and I was so glad I was there to support her!  Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the whole class because I had to leave to get home to feed everyone lunch and head out with AJ to his pediatrician appointment.

AJ had a great appointment with the doctor.  He has grown and gained weight in the past 3 months.  He's doing great on his ADHD meds so we'll keep using them.  And he got two booster shots like a champ.  When his appointment was over, we headed back home to pack up and head out to Zoombeezi Bay for the night.  We started in Jungle Jack's landing riding the Sea Dragon roller coaster, Safari Stampede, Dust Devil (the scrambler) and the swings.  We had a fun time and spent more time than we were planning in that area.
 
 
We finally headed into Zoombeezi Bay and went right to the wave pool to cool off after all of the rides.  We played for a while then stopped to have dinner and then went back in to ride the lazy river for a while.  I took Zak to the tipping bucket while the other guys played in the lazy river and wave pool.  We all met up about 8:30 to get tubes and get settled for the movie, Elf.  The boys spent most of the movie in the water, but Adrian and I stayed on dry land because it was chilly.  Zak got bored so he and Adrian left a little early and I stayed until the end with the other boys.  It was a very fun family night!
 
Saturday (7/28) We all slept in after the long day yesterday.  Adrian got up and moving first and headed out to get an oil change in the van before our trip.  I got the boys thru their morning routine and got a few things done around the house.  Then after lunch we headed up to Polaris to meet Carl and Isabelle to watch the Teen Titans movie.  The kids have been waiting for this for months!  Unfortunately Adrian still wasn't feeling well so he stayed home to rest while we went.
We all enjoyed the movie.  It was a very silly story and basically a long version of their show.  But the kids loved it and there were some jokes for the parents in there as well which always makes a kids' movie better to me.  After the movie, we headed back home to get some stuff done and get ready for our vacation.  The boys played video games while I worked and Adrian rested so he can feel better.  The rest of the day passed quickly and soon it was time for the boys to go to bed.  After we put them to bed, we did a little planning for the OBX trip, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.

Sunday (7/29) Everyone got a good night of sleep and slept in this morning.  Adrian was still not feeling well so he stayed home from church with the boys this morning and I went to second service.  I served in childcare and had a good time with some of my favorite kids.  Then I chatted with a few friends before heading home for lunch with the guys.  After lunch, we pretty much just worked around the house for the rest of the day.  We worked on getting ready for vacation, finishing up a few things and doing our monthly chores so we are ready to go when we come back from vacation.  It wasn't an exciting day but it was very productive!  Adrian also rested a lot but he's still not feeling well.  I'm really hoping he feels better tomorrow as I need his help to get ready to leave and we have a busy and fun two weeks ahead.  After we got the boys to bed, we finished our night with our last two shows on our DVR and are officially cleared off and ready to start the fall season in Sept.  We'll spend the rest of the summer watching a few movies and watching a few shows on Netflix.

Monday (7/30) Today started late after a rough night of sleep because Daniel had a bad dream and came in to sleep with me but then couldn't fall back asleep.  Thankfully I didn't have to go anywhere early so I slept in a little bit.  Unfortunately Adrian still wasn't feeling well so he stayed home from work for the day.  When Daniel finally woke up he said he also wasn't feeling well.  We are hoping this ends today and no one else gets it!  After getting everyone thru their morning routine, I headed to the Y to sub a Silver Sneakers class for a friend who was out of town.  It was nice to see my old Monday morning crew!

When I got home, we had a quick lunch and then I headed downtown to the fountains with AJ and Zak.  It was fun to have some time with just the two of them, it doesn't happen often.  They had a blast running around in the water together.  Since the weather wasn't great there were very few kids there so they were able to run around and do whatever they wanted.  We stayed for two hours and only left because we were out of time on our meter.
We stopped at Taco Bell on our way home to pick up dinner for AJ since he had coupons for free tacos to use.  Then we came home, had a quick dinner and turned around and went back out to Game On! VBS.  All three boys are going this week, but only AJ and Zak went today.  After I dropped them off, I went and did the last bit of grocery shopping that I need to do before we leave for vacation.  Then I picked them up and heard all about the awesome time they had.  When we got home we were thrilled to hear that everyone was feeling better after a day of rest so hopefully we'll be back to our regular schedule tomorrow.  We got the boys down to bed, finished cleaning up and putting away groceries, watched an episode of Grown-ish and headed to bed.


Tuesday (7/31) Everyone got a great night of sleep and slept in this morning.  I got up and ready to head to Harcum before most of the guys were up.  Adrian eventually got up and headed to work and I left to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  After class, I ran to get a quick eyebrow wax and then stopped at Cane's to pick up lunch since we had coupons for free combo meals.  When I got home, we had a nice lunch together and then since it was raining we cancelled our plan to go to the park and headed out to run a few errands instead.  We went to the library and Half Price Books to pick up summer reading program prizes and also to the dollar store to pick up road trip snacks.
When the boys couldn't take any more errands, we headed home.  They played video games while I got dinner together for us and for a friend who is going thru a rough time.  I ran dinner to them and then we all ate a quick dinner and Adrian headed out to take all three boys to Game On! VBS.  We did a little cleaning and a little vacation prep while they were at VBS and then he went back to pick them up.  They had a fun time again tonight and are looking forward to the rest of the week.  We got them down to bed, had snacks and then headed to bed for the night too.  This week is flying by!!

Wednesday (8/1) Fair day!!  Unfortunately I got a horrible night of sleep last night but thankfully I was able to sleep in a little this morning, as did everyone else.  We had a slow morning and then got ready and headed out to the Ohio State Fair.  It was rainy and overcast when we got there but we still managed to have an awesome time.  We started in Kiddieland riding a ton of rides there with Zak leading the charge.  We rode the caterpillar coaster, giant slide, flying elephants, music express jr, and a bunch of other little ones. Then we headed over to the midway to ride the bigger rides like the Crazy Mouse, Tilt a Whirl, Pharoah's Revenge, Music Express and a ton of fun houses.  We also enjoyed fried Oreos, cheese fries, funnel cake, pizza and sausage.
 
 
 
 
After a few hours, I was exhausted and a little motion sick but the boys were still going strong, especially Zak.  Thankfully Adrian came and met us after work and helped out with the boys.  He rode a few rides with them and then I got a second wind and rode a few more with them too.  Then AJ and Daniel were ready to leave so I grabbed some deep fried Buckeyes and took them home.  Adrian stayed for two more hours letting Zak ride all of the rides in Kiddieland.  They had a blast!!  When they finally got home at close to 10am, the boys finished up a show and then we got them to bed and Adrian and I followed close behind.  Fun filled day!!
 
Thursday (8/2) The alarm went off way too early this morning after the long day yesterday!  But I had to get up and moving for my last day of work before vacation, as did Adrian.  He headed out early while I got a few things done around here and then headed to Harcum to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I was dragging but thankfully my amazing students helped pull me thru!  Then I ran a few errands on my way home, came home and had a quick lunch and we turned around and headed back out for the afternoon.

Our first stop was up to Utica to pick some fresh peaches.  It is one of my favorite fruits and I love going up to pick them and knew they would be gone when we got back.  The boys made quick work of filling two boxes and I didn't even have a chance to take any pictures.  When we finished picking, we headed to Easton for a few things.  We stopped at Barnes and Noble to pick up AJ's free book from the summer reading program.  Then we headed over to Build a Bear to use our vouchers for $15 off each bear.  The boys had a great time picking and stuffing their own bears!  We left with Groot (AJ), Dragon (Daniel's new name for Toothless) and Fire Popcorn Squirtel (Zak's new name for Squirtel).
 
After we made our new stuffies, we headed out to the splash pads for some fun.  The boys played in the water for a while and also played the games that were set up around the splash pads.  They had a great time and probably would have kept playing but we needed to get home to start getting ready for vacation.  We had a "clean out the fridge" dinner and then the boys played while Adrian and I worked around the house to get ready to leave.  We were both super tired though so we did what we could and decided that to get a good night of rest and do the rest in the morning.  So we watched a show, had a snack and headed to bed.  We hit the road whenever we're ready tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment