Saturday, October 21, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 23 - Oct 29)

I didn't mean to skip a week of meal planning but we have been super busy with soccer and fall fun that I just didn't have time.  I did meal plan for last week but just never had time to sit down and write out a blog post.  We had some pretty good food in between lots of activities and we ate fairly healthy all week.  Some of the recipe highlights from last week included Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower, Garlic Rosemary Pork and Potatoes, Zucchini Medley and Homemade Mac and Cheese.  All three kids liked the mac and cheese, and Daniel declared it better than the box!

This week is another busy one as we have Scouts, our last week of soccer, extra work for me and Halloween events 5 of the 7 days this week.  I'm making a plan for us and we'll stick to it the best we can but I also made sure to stock up on salad and sandwich stuff so if we need to we will fall back on that.  We also have a few parties where we need to bring things so I'm making my first dirt cake with a fall theme, spider snacks and witches' hats.  I'm also making these pumpkin chocolate chip bars and hoping Daniel will eat them for breakfast.  If not, I'll be making another loaf of the banana chocolate chip bread.

Other than all of that snacking, here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Salads (before we head to a Cub Scout Halloween party with more food)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers
Thursday - Sheet Pan Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Friday - Loaded Bell Pepper Nachos
Saturday - Apple Honey Baked BBQ Ribs
Sunday - Spinach Tomato Tortellini

Water Flavor - Mango - Thanks Aldi for a reduced price for the mango this week!

Overnight Oats - It continues to be only me eating these so I'm not eating them very fast.  I have also bought peanut butter chips and butterscotch chips at Aldi so I'm enjoying experimenting with them for flavor.  This week I'm making the Banana Chocolate Chip ones but with peanut butter chips instead of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment