Monday, October 9, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 9 - Oct 15)

We had a busy weekend with Adrian and AJ away camping and me and the other boys keeping things going on the home front.  I did pretty good sticking to my menu plan from last week, although there were a few changes.  I asked Adrian to take out a pork loin for Friday's dinner and he accidentally grabbed ground turkey so I made chili mac.  It worked out better because he got stuck at work and Zak had soccer practice so we ate on the run.  Then I decided to bump meatball subs to this week and have steak on Sunday since I got a good deal on them at Meijer on Friday.  But it was raining at dinner time so we decided to order pizza instead and threw the steaks in the freezer.

This week is another busy and weird one.  Adrian and AJ leave on Wednesday for 5th grade camp so they'll miss two dinners.  We are jam packed all weekend, including play tickets, CPR training, soccer, swimming, church and hopefully our annual trip to the corn maze.  I have planned easy dinners for the week but we also have a lot of leftovers and a lot of lettuce to use up so I may make leftovers or salad one or two nights and bump the rest of the meals to next week.  We'll see how it goes.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Deli Meat Salads (we have soccer & Scouts so it's dinner on the run)
Tuesday - Black Bean Taquitos
Wednesday - Ravioli
Thursday - Creamy Prawn Soup
Friday - Meatball Subs
Saturday - Steak on Grill
Sunday - Garlic Rosemary Pork and Potatoes with Zucchini Mozzarella Medley

Water Flavor - Lemon/Strawberry

Overnight Oats - I have some bananas to use up so I set up Banana Chocolate Chip.  I'm also making Daniel his favorite Chocolate Chip Bread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment