Saturday, October 14, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/6 - 10/12)

Friday (10/6) We made it to another Friday!!  I got everyone out to school and then I headed to AJ's school for his annual IEP meeting.  His teachers had great things to say about him and he will only be focusing on a few more sounds for speech therapy this year.  The goal is to have him off his IEP by middle school next year, we'll see how it goes.  After the meeting, I headed to Meijer to pick up a few last minute things for AJ's Cub Scout camping trip this weekend.  I came home and got a few things done and then it was time to pick everyone up from school.

When they got home from school, the boys were super excited to watch the first episode of the new season of Skylanders Academy on Netflix.  Then Adrian packed up himself and AJ and they headed to Camp Falling Rock for Webelo Woods for the weekend.  I took Daniel and Zak out for the night.  We started at Zak's soccer practice, then headed across the street for Glow Putt with friends.  Their church hosted a Mother/Son Night there so we played 18 holes, had some snacks and had a lot of laughs.  After golf, we stopped at Menchie's for a sweet treat then came home and watched TV for a short time before heading to bed.

Saturday (10/7) Everyone slept in!!  Zak didn't come in to wake me up until around 8am.  That may be a record for him.  We had a lazy start to our day watching TV and video games before getting ready for soccer games.  Zak played first and his team won by a ton!  He got his first assist on a goal and had a great time.  Then we ran over to Daniel's game.  His team lost 5-4, but they played tough.  Daniel played his best game so far, he had multiple defensive stops and was even a little aggressive, which is a big step for him.
 

After soccer, we headed up to Lynd's Farm to pick apples.  They had Melrose and Suncrisp so we picked a giant bag of them and then finally headed home to rest after a full afternoon in the sun.  We watched the brand new "Max and Ruby" which Zak loved so much he watched it twice in a row!  We spent the rest of the night watching TV, playing video games and playing board games.  It was a fun night together!
 

Sunday (10/8) Today started a little earlier than yesterday but Zak slept until about 7am so I'll take it!  We were pretty laid back this morning since we didn't have to be anywhere until church at 11am.  I was supposed to volunteer in childcare but since they had enough people (that never happens!) I was able to go to service.  It was another great sermon and I'm glad I was able to be there for it!  We rushed home after and just as we were eating a quick lunch, AJ and Adrian returned tired and dirty from their camping trip.

I still made Daniel and Zak go to swimming lessons, even though they really wanted to stay home.  It gave AJ and Adrian time to rest and shower and catch their breath.  When we got home from swimming, they boys played video games together, Adrian and I watched football and we ordered pizza for dinner since it was raining so we couldn't grill the steaks that I bought.  In between all of that we tried to figure out what the boys would be for Halloween.  We figured it out and ordered everything but then when AJ and Zak saw how cool Daniel's Ninjago costume is they changed their minds.  So now we have Daniel as the green ninja (Lloyd), AJ as the blue one and Zak as the red one if we can find one in his size.  It was very stressful!

We finished as much as we could around the house but we were both really tired and overwhelmed.  We finished watched the football games, we had 3 since Adrian didn't watch the Buckeyes yesterday.  We had some wine together.  And once we had the boys asleep, we relaxed and headed to bed early ourselves to be ready for another busy week.

Monday (10/9) Happy Columbus Day!  This has become one of our favorite holidays because Adrian is off but the boys still go to school.  We got to sleep in a little since AJ didn't take the bus (we drove him in) and then after we got everyone to school we headed out for a date day.  We stopped at Target first so we could finish the Halloween costume shopping.  We got Zak's red ninja costume and also got the size Daniel needs for the green one.  Then we headed to Easton for some day drinking!
We went to Cooper's Hawk for our monthly wine tasting and really enjoyed all of the wines this month.  The special wine they have this month, Doldici, is delicious and we got two magnum bottles of it.  While we were tasting we ran into one of my friends and her husband who were doing the same thing as us.  So we finished our tastings together and then decided to all have lunch together.  I got the short rib grilled cheese and soup that I had been thinking about since I saw the email describing it.  The food was amazing, as was the company.  Such a fun surprise double date!
After lunch, we wanted to walk around a little and I needed to have my ring inspected to keep the warranty current.  Soon enough it was time to head back to reality and go pick up the boys from school.  We hung out with them for a little while and then got ready for our night activities.  Adrian took AJ and Daniel to Daniel's soccer game.  His team won pretty big!  While they were there, I took Zak to Cub Scouts.  He had a fun time making a lion puppet and learning the Scout motto "Do Your Best."  He was also super excited to get his pack t-shirt.  He couldn't wait to get home and show it to Dad and the other boys!
Tuesday (10/10) Since Adrian had the other 4 days off this week, he decided to take today off too.  We again got to sleep in and then he took AJ to school while I got the other two ready.  I dropped them off and went to teach my Silver Sneakers class.  Adrian went to the dentist for a cleaning and then to get a hair cut.  We met back at home for a quick lunch and then I headed to school to help with the book fair.  I finally let my boys shop and we came home with 7 new books.

After school, we relaxed for a bit then had dinner together.  Adrian volunteered to take everyone to AJ's soccer practice so I could get a few things done around the house and then go to the Cub Scout meeting to fill our popcorn orders.  Daniel and Zak had a great time playing at the park with Adrian while AJ practiced.  We all got home, finished packing up AJ and Adrian for camp in the morning and headed to bed early because it would be a busy few days ahead!

Wednesday (10/11) We got to sleep in again since AJ didn't need to be to school until about an hour after his normal start time to catch the bus to 5th grade camp.  We got AJ and Adrian out the door to camp and then I dropped off the other two at school before heading in to help at the book fair all day.  It was a super busy day in the library and I had a blast helping all of the kids shop!  We ran home from school for a brief refresh and then headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  When we were done, we came home and enjoyed ravioli for dinner and a relaxing night of board games and TV.  I got a few updates from Adrian and he said that they were having a great time so far!  He sent a picture of AJ and his two friends from Cub Scouts which I loved seeing.  I'm so thankful they are having this trip together!
 
Thursday (10/12) I got to sleep in again since I didn't have to get AJ off to school.  I got Daniel and Zak up and to school and then headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I had a bunch of small errands to run so I ran those quickly after class and then got home just in time to meet the garage repairman at my house.  We finally got our broken panel replaced and now have a fully functioning garage door again!  I'm very thankful we had the warranty on the door so it wasn't too costly.  I did a few things around the house and then picked up the boys from school.  They had an early dinner and then my mother in law came in to take them to soccer practice while I went to teach my Zumba class.  I met them at practice and took the boys home when it was over.  We were all exhausted so we did a quick snack, show and then headed to bed.  I did a little clean up but decided I needed to get some rest so I headed to bed early as well. 

I did get some updates during the day from Adrian that everything was going really well.  He had some free time so he went into town for coffee and to explore a little, and probably to escape the kids!  They learned about birds, including our favorite bird the Coopers Hawk who brings me wine each month.  The last I heard they were going out on a night hike together and were very excited.  I know AJ is also doing well hanging out with the other kids, especially playing chess and cards during their free time.  I got this picture late last night and it made my heart SO happy!  Can't wait until they get home and I can hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment