Thursday, March 17, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 3/9 - 3/15)

As I mentioned last week, I went to Silver Sneakers training this past Sunday.  I am now officially licensed to teach Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit classes.  I will start teaching Classic classes at the Y as soon as I get back from vacation.  I'm excited and a little nervous about this new class.  I've been shadowing the classes and it's a great group of about 40 members.  The current teacher is amazing so I have big shoes to fill.

The training this weekend was OK, not one of my favorites.  I felt like between other trainings I've attended, going to the classes & the online course work I knew almost all of what they taught.  I did get a few good ideas of exercises to add to my class.  And I saw a lot of friends so that was nice too.  Silver Sneakers has a few other, higher intensity programs that I'm interested in so I'm hoping to get that training very soon.

I also got a gift this week from one of my Zumba students.  She got a new FitBit and gave me her old one.  I need to figure out how to set it up but I'm interested to see what it tells me.  I have this horrible feeling that it's going to tell me I'm active enough but I don't sleep good enough.  My goal is to have it set up before vacation so I can know how many steps I'm taking over the week.

This week was a pretty standard week for me and next week will probably be as well.  After that we leave for 10 or 11 days (not sure when we're heading home) so I'll have to get creative to stick with my goal of 10 minutes of exercise each day.

Here's how the past week looked for me:
Wednesday - Taught 2 classes - 90 minutes of Zumba & Zumba Toning & 60 minutes of Zumba
Thursday - Taught Zumba
Friday - Taught Zumba and walked to school to pick up Daniel
Saturday - Taught Zumba Toning
Sunday - Silver Sneakers training, 45 minute Classic class & 60 minute Circuit class
Monday - Taught 2 classes - Zumba Toning and Cardio Dance and walked to school to pick up Daniel
Tuesday - Rest Day - Walked to school to pick up Daniel (about 1 mile)

I weighed in yesterday & I stayed the same as last week.  This is the goal until the beginning of April.  I'm not counting calories right now, just trying to finish up all the food that will go bad while we're away.  Luckily it's mostly fruit & vegetables so I'm eating pretty healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment