Sunday, September 6, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 9/7 - 9/13)

For the first time in a long time I kept exactly to my meal plan last week and we ate everything when we planned it.  And everything was delicious!!  The Thai Chicken in the crock pot and the Mongolian Beef were 2 of my favorites for sure.  And the boys ate everything I made this week, except the Mongolian Beef which I am fine with.  I like to give them a day to pick their own dinner, they seem to fight less if once a week they get to pick whatever they want.  I'll take it!
Thai Chicken over Zoodles
The only change to my plan for last week is that we aren't heading to my brother's house for dinner tonight, they are coming here.  Adrian & I got a menu together and I went shopping (alone!!!) yesterday for that a the first few nights of this week so I'm a little ahead of the game.  Now I just have to prep all these veggies I'm making tonight.

I also decided it was time to upgrade my food scale.  I use it all the time, at least once a day.  The old was is so many years old I have no idea when I bought it.  It was cracked and beat up, but it worked.  I finally decided to splurge and get a new one.  I wanted a digital one but the price difference was too huge for me to justify so I got another manual one.  Used it yesterday and it is great!
New (left) & Old (right) food scales

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Probably Pizza.  Ohio State kicks off the season tomorrow night & our goal is to cross off everything on our to do list before the game!  I decided to have a "cheat" day and order out.  Or maybe BibiBop, my new favorite place to eat!
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Turkey & Peppers Soup with Salad
Thursday - White Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Buttermilk Cornbread (still trying to finish up the buttermilk.  This will be it, anything left will be trashed)
Friday - Coconut Chicken Stir Fry over Cauliflower Rice
Saturday - Teriyaki Pineapple Pork with Couscous and homemade applesauce
Sunday - Bacon Wrapped Filets on the grill with potatoes & veggies

Water Flavor - Strawberry Peach with some of our hand picked peaches, yum.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment