Saturday, September 19, 2015

Keeping Up With...Family (Zak's First Days of School)

Zak finally started school this past week!  He has been waiting to go to school since his big brothers started almost a month ago.  We went in last Friday to meet his teacher and see his classroom and then on Monday he went by himself.
Listening to a story at Meet the Teacher
Checking out the playground
He did great the first week!!  No tears from him (or from me!)  His teachers said he is extremely well behaved and is a great listener.  He enjoys recess (same as his big brothers!) and also really enjoys the crafts that they do.  He is excited to have his own wall in the house now to display all of his art work.
This book bag is almost as big as me!
 

I thought I would be sad when my baby started going to school, but I'm honestly kind of loving it.  I feel like I've had the most one on one time with Zak.  We spent a lot of mornings together last year while the big boys were in school and even some afternoons when Daniel went to friends' houses.  He is also only gone 2 days/week for 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon so we still have a lot of time together, including weekly ice skating and soccer.

I am also enjoying the fact that I can now go into AJ and Daniel's schools to volunteer more without having to rely on babysitters all the time.  I was in Daniel's class this past Weds doing sight words with the class and next Weds I'll be in AJ's class.  I'm also volunteering at the book fair at both schools in the next month.  Honestly I am probably overbooked while Zak is at school, I should probably take a minute (or hour!) for myself one of these weeks.
Sight words with Daniel's class

No comments:

Post a Comment