Monday, August 13, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 9 & 10

So I have had an awesome past two weeks...too bad my exercise, calorie counting & weigh loss weren't involved.  :)  I had family here to visit & we had a staycation here in Ohio with them.  I hope to blog about that very soon & give you all the details.  But with all the fun things we were doing, I didn't get in near as much gym time & walking as I would have liked.  I was also sidelined with sickness towards the end of the 2 weeks, both me & the boys (which means no sleep for this Momma).  I know, these are all excuses, but I feel slightly better getting them out. 

I didn't even want to blog this update, but I promised I would keep myself accountable, so here it is.  I'm back on the horse today & with about 2 months left to go, I'm on it to stay.  1/4 marathon in 13 days!

Here is what I was able to do the past 2 weeks:
Mon 7/30 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, Zumba class
Tues 7/31 - walked all over the zoo
Weds 8/1 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, Zumba class
Thurs 8/2 - walked all over the state fair
Fri 8/3 - rest day (planned)
Sat 8/4 - 3.1 miles at Blendon Woods (with surprise guest - my Dad!!)
Sun 8/5 - rest day (weather cancelled my walk)
Mon 8/6 - 2.0 miles in my neighborhood, 1.0 miles downtown
Tues 8/7 - walked all over Kings Island
Weds 8/8 - rest day (planned)
Thurs 8/9 - rest day (lazy - here is where it falls apart)
Fri 8/10 - rest day (lazy)
Sat 8/11 - rest day (lazy) - missed my long walk with MIT because I was up 1/2 the night with sick kiddos
Sun 8/12 - rest day (focused on getting my house back in order after 2 weeks of guests)

No comments:

Post a Comment