Monday, July 30, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 8

Well, this was pretty much a perfect week for exercise for me.  It was my highest total mileage (23 for the week), my highest miles in one walk (7 on Sat), & I did at least an hour of exercise every day except one.  I'm super proud of the progress I'm making.  Now I have family in town for the next 2 weeks, so it will be a challenge to keep up but I'm ready for it.  Plus we'll be eating so much I have to keep up with the exercise or I'll never make my goal.

I did my second race for the season this weekend, a 5K on Sun morning.  The whole weekend was perfect weather to be outside & exercising.  I struggled a little to get through the race, but I did it.  It was the first time I've walked that far alone & without music (my app failed, need to get the iPod fixed).  I got bored at times, but that is why I made sure I had a group to do the 1/2 with, I knew I couldn't do it alone.  The course was also a lot of hills & I'm sure I was tired from the long walk on Sat & all the cleaning I did on Sat as well.  My official time was 50:40, which is right around what I was aiming for so overall I'm really happy with it.  My next race is the Emerald City 1/4 marathon on Sun 8/26, 6 days before we leave for Disney!

Here's how I did this week:
 Mon 7/23 - 3.0 miles on the treadmill
Tues 7/24 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, Zumba class
Weds 7/25 - 15 minutes on stationary bike, 3.0 miles on the treadmill, Zumba class
Thurs 7/26 - Dance Jam class, 2.0 miles on the treadmill, 2.0 miles around campus after work
Fri 7/27 - rest day
Sat 7/28 - 7.82 miles on Olentangy Trail with MIT
Sun 7/29 - 3.1 miles at Giant Eagle Multisports Fest 5K (50:40)
Me & AJ back home after my race - the boys loved my new medal (so do I!)

No comments:

Post a Comment