Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 8 - Nov 14)


Last week went by in flash! I was exhausted most of the week between the time change on Sunday and being super busy with work at the church for the election. Plus the stress of not knowing who won the election and just normal life happening. I did the best I could to continue to follow the meal plan I set up and pretty much did until Friday. I actually changed the plan earlier in the week when I realized Friday was National Nacho Day & we all had nachos that night for dinner. Then on Saturday, the weather was so great that we felt like we should bump the planned meal and grill out. We made delicious steaks on the grill and I made some french fries to go with them.

This week is another strange one, which seems to be the case most of November and December. This week my mom is coming on Tuesday for a few days. Adrian has Wednesday off for Veterans Day so we'll be going out for our monthly wine tasting and picking up dinner on our way home. Adrian and AJ will be gone all weekend for a camping trip. I am doing the best I can to eat well but most of this week will be easy meals and leftovers. There is just too much going on for me to cook big meals. I'll continue to keep up with our CSA produce. We got our last delivery on Friday so whatever we have is all we have until next May. I have a ton of squash and potatoes to use up over the next few months, and also a ton of frozen veggies from the school lunches. 

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers or frozen lunches
Monday - IP Pot Roast with Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes with Air Fryer Cauliflower
Wednesday - Out to eat at a new place by us, Talita's
Thursday - Chicken Soup with Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Friday - Leftovers or frozen lunches
Saturday - Leftovers or frozen lunches

Water Flavor - Orange again this week. We continue to get oranges in our school lunches and no one eats them so I'll be using them in my water. I may also make fresh squeezed orange juice at some point, but I still have some of that to use up from the school before I get that creative.

Baking - I'm loving making blender batter for our breakfast items! This week I'm trying peanut butter bread for the adults. I'm also starting to use up some of the cereal we get from the school and I'll be making these breakfast bars for the boys.

Other - Sunday afternoon my in-laws are coming over for lunch so we're having sandwiches and I'm making this Asian Salad to use up some of my cabbage and carrots. We are also celebrating vanilla cupcake day on Tuesday, but instead of baking I decided to buy the cupcakes from Meijer this time. On Thursday the boys will be getting Marco's Pizza for dinner since it's a fundraiser for Daniel's school. And on Saturday, it's National Pickle Day so I'll make Air Fryer Pickles for everyone to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment