Sunday, November 1, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 25 - Nov 7)

 

We have been super busy around here so I missed a week of blogging about what we're eating. It was kind of a mixed bag last week anyway, with some easy meals like take out pizza and leftovers and some delicious meals to use our produce. I decided to combine the past two weeks into one post to share all of the recipes that I used over the two weeks. We had a great time celebrating Halloween last week, we did a few trunk or treats, a few parties with friends and our neighborhood trick or treat in the rain. There was a lot of junk food and candy this week, and everyone enjoyed it all!

This week starts November which is typically the calm between the storms of the holidays for us. We are always super busy for Halloween and Christmas so we spend November catching our breath. We also are busting at the seams with food so I did a fill in shopping trip last week and I'm planning not to do another one until the week of Thanksgiving. We will be eating what we have here, plus we have one more CSA delivery and we are still getting the meals form the school district. We should have more than enough food to get thru the month.

Adrian and I are also really trying to refocus on eating healthy. It has been such a struggle this year! This time of year is always hard, but I'm hoping we can pull it together for a few weeks. The scale has been inching up this past year and I hate it! I am hoping to do what I can so it doesn't go up any further for the next 2 months, maybe even lose a few pounds. And then really hit the ground running in January. I always tell people not to wait until the new year and I'm trying not to do that, but it's also such a crazy time in the world so I'm giving myself some grace.

Here are some of the highlights of what I cooked last week:
Taco Zucchini Boats - for the adults on Taco Tuesday 
Napa Cabbage Salad with Asian Pork
Air Fried Salmon
Air Fried Broccoli
Dirt Cake - for one of our Halloween Parties
Witches' Brooms - with Zak for a Scout requirement and a Halloween Party
Popcorn Pumpkins - with Zak for a Scout requirement and a Halloween Party
Mummy Hot Dogs - for one of our Halloween Parties

And here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Calzones
Monday - Spaghetti Squash Skillet with Air Fried Cauliflower
Tuesday - Chicken Enchilada Stir Fry for the adults and Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Pasta with leftover sauce and Kale Chips
Thursday - Sausage & Squash Stew with Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
Friday - Buffalo Chicken & Potatoes with Kale Chips
Saturday - Pot Roast with Air Fried Brussels Sprouts

Water flavor - Both weeks I did orange water because I have a drawer full of oranges from the school. Only Adrian eats them and he only eats like one per month, so I'll be using them for my water for a while.

Baking - I'm making a healthy banana bread for Adrian and I to have for breakfast this week. I also found pumpkin in the refridgerator so I'm going to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars for the boys. I'm also roasting pumpkin seeds from the pumpkins we carved last week. I did two batches last week and flavored them with chipotle seasoning & chili lime seasoning. This week I'm doing curry roasted ones and sesame soy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment