Sunday, November 15, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 15 - Nov 21)

Last week was much like every other week this year and was filled with last minute changes. My mom got here Tuesday night and was going to head to my brother's on Friday when Adrian and AJ left for their campout. Then the campout cancelled and she decided to stay here until Saturday. She also wanted to treat us all to pizza one day so we decided to order more from Marco's for the fundraiser day on Thursday. It was all fun things, but it did switch our meals around a bit. My mom was interested in trying one of our butterkin squash, so I made this turkey meatloaf stuffed squash using one acorn squash & one butterkin squash. It was just OK and we all agreed that butterkin is better roasted with some cinnamon & brown sugar. 

This week is my last full week of cooking healthy before taking a few days off for Thanksgiving. I'll be sure to pop on next week to share what I'm making for Thanksgiving, but it won't be a full meal plan. I will only cook the first 2-3 days of the week next week, then we will eat leftovers to clean out the fridge before Thanksgiving and again after. This week I'm using up the last of our produce from our CSA except for the apples, potatoes, squash and onions. I will actually have to start buying produce for us very soon. We are blessed that we will still get some produce from the school, including frozen veggies like corn, string beans & brocolli, plus apples, pears, bananas and oranges.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Air Fried Chicken Wings and leftover Cabbage Salad
Monday - Various fast food to celebrate fast food day!
Tuesday - Tacos - beef for the kids and chicken for the adults
Wednesday - Greek Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Kale
Thursday - Chicken Soup and Air Fried Brussels Sprouts - carryover from last week
Friday - Kielbasa and Cabbage Soup - recipe from my Dad, my parents said this was delicious
Saturday - London Broil and Roasted Beets & Sweets

Water Flavor - It's a mash up this week for the water. I have half a lemon from last week, an apple that half rotted and then I'll fill the rest with an orange. I like the apple and citrus combo so I get a little sweet with my tart.

Baking - I'm making these cranberry applesauce muffins again for Adrian and I for breakfast. We loved them last time, but didn't realize they needed to stay in the refrigerator so we lost a few to mold. I'm also making these cookies for the boys in an effort to use up some of the cereal we have from the school. And finally I'm making peanut butter fudge to celebrate that holiday on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment