Monday, November 23, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 22 - Nov 28)

Happy Thanksgiving week!! Normally I don't cook a lot this week other than Thursday, but this week is a little different since we're pretty much home for the whole week. And we don't have many leftovers at all in the fridge. I'm planning to cook Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but may push the Wednesday meal into next week if I run out of steam, or just don't feel like cooking that night. Last week was very stressful around here and we had a ton going on, including Adrian working over 60 hours. I ran out of steam at the end of the week so we didn't make the meals I had planned for Friday or Saturday. I bumped one to this week and one to next week, but since it's grilled London Broil, it may just wait until we have a nice enough day to grill out.

This week I'm doing a large grocery shopping and then will not be shopping again until the week before Christmas. We did pretty good with this challenge in November, only doing small trips to pick up necessitities and using up a ton of what we have. We are starting to have some room in our freezers again, although they will be filled up this week after the grocery shopping and trip to Costco. While this requires a lot of planning, I kind of like only doing one large trip each month. It is saving me time and probably saving some money as well.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Ravioli Alfredo (I had a craving & we had this in the freezer)
Monday - Kielbasa and Cabbage Soup - recipe from my Dad, my parents said this was delicious (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Cabbage Jambalaya for the adults (we have 2 heads of cabbage that we have to use this week)
Wednesday - Butternut Pear Soup and Air Fried Cauliflower
Thursday - Thanksgiving!! See below for the actual menu
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Leftovers

Thanksgiving Menu - It will be just the 5 of us for Thanksgiving as it has been for the past few years. We are doing a mix of old favorites and new dishes this year. Adrian and I both picked dishes from our childhood that we loved to make this year. We are excited for another low key holiday here at home with our little family. Here's what we'll be enjoying:
Turkey - I just roast it in the oven, nothing special, but it's always delicious!
Gravy - from a jar
Stuffing - made with saltine crackers like my mom used to make growing up
Noodles - we are making these homemade this year like Adrian used to have growing up
String Bean Almondine
Brussels Sprouts Salad
Applesauce - we have a ton of cups from the school lunches
Bread - I'll grab a baguette from Meijer
Cheesecake
Cookie Pizza - I'll grab this from Meijer too

Water Flavor - Orange. We got cut oranges from school last week in the lunches so I used them up in the water this week

Baking - In addition to what I already mentioned above, I'm making a few other things this week. Wednesday is parfait day, so I'm making these cookie parfaits that I hope the kids will like. They also asked for an Oreo ice cream cake for dessert on Thursday, but I'm going to make it for Tuesday movie night instead. We're having french toast for breakfast on Saturday and at some point this week I will make these mint brownies that I've been wanting for a while. That should keep us full and busy this week for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment