Monday, October 5, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/28 - 10/4)

Monday (9/28) Back to our normal virtual school grind for the week! We all got up and moving on time today after a lot of rest this weekend. Adrian got AJ and Rocky up and thru their morning routines and then headed upstairs to work. I got Daniel, Zak and myself up and ready for the day. Zak had a light school day since his teacher was out and there were no Zoom calls. When I got everyone started on school for the day, I started working on stuff around the house. Since I was behind all of last week, I didn't get everything done this weekend that I wanted to so I worked on that as well as my normal daily stuff. The day passed quickly and everyone was super productive! The boys got all of their stuff done and I got a ton crossed off my list.

After a delicious dinner together, we split up for our night activities. I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class. We had a super fun time and enjoyed starting some of our Halloween songs this week. While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his weekly Scout meeting and then ran out to pick up some materials for AJ to finish up his electricity merit badge this weekend. When we all got home, we cleaned up a little and then celebrated "Drink a Beer" day while watching the last part of the "Holey Moley" special together. After that, we got the boys to bed, made our snacks and watched 2 more episodes of "Parks and Rec" before heading to bed. We aren't going to finish it before it leaves Netflix in a few days, but we will probably finish it this week over on Peacock.

Tuesday (9/29) We got up and moving on time this morning. Adrian got AJ and Rocky up and started on thier days while I got ready and then got Daniel up. When everyone was working on school for the day, I started working around the house. The day passed quickly and everyone got their schoolwork done very quickly. Both AJ and Zak had speech therapy today in addition to their regular school schedule. They both did a great job of staying focused during their sessions and are working hard on their "r" sounds. When they were done with schoolwork, I gave them some free time while I tried to take a Zumba livestream class. Unfortunately they had technical difficulties on their side and I was unable to take the class.

We tried to have an early dinner tonight because Adrian and I were heading out tonight, but for some reason our tacos didn't cook. Thankfully we were able to get the boys fed and then we decided to get dinner while we were out. We headed to Cooper's Hawk for our monthly tasting and enjoyed most of the wines. I finally found one of their wines that I don't like, their Merlot is not one of my favorites. After the tasting, we walked over to Condado and got delicious tacos for dinner. Then we headed home to have family movie night with the boys. We watched "Doolittle" which the boys loved, but Adrian and I thought was just OK. When the movie was over, we got the boys to sleep, watched one more episode of "Parks & Rec" and headed to bed as well.

Wednesday (9/30) We had a rough time getting moving this morning! I got Daniel up so he would be ready when Patrick got here and we let the other two boys sleep in. Adrian got Rocky started and then headed upstairs to work for the day. When Patrick got here, he and Daniel got their schoolwork done very quickly. When AJ and Zak finally got up, I got them thru their morning routine and then they finally started their schoolwork. The were very distracted today, partly because Daniel and Patrick were done work so they were playing most of the time. But I finally managed to get everyone thru all of their work for the day and then all 4 boys played together for the rest of the day.

I worked around the house and ran quickly out to Meijer to pick up a few necessities this afternoon. The day passed very quickly and before I knew it, Melissa was here to drop off my meals for the week and pick up Patrick. Then I cooked dinner for all of us before heading out to work for an hour at the church and pick up a small Kroger order for the week. While I was out, Adrian skipped his Bible study to get a few things done around the house since he is very busy and doesn't have a lot of time this weekend since he's going camping with Zak. When I got home, we took Rocky for a quick walk and then started our nightime routine. We watched two episodes of "Cobra Kai" with the boys before putting them to bed. It's getting really good and we wanted to watch more but it was too late. Then we finished cleaning up the kitchen before we watched two episodes of "Parks & Rec." We didn't make it to watch them all before it leaves Netflix, but thankfully we have Peacock and will watch the last 5 episodes on that.

Thursday (10/1) We got up and moving on time again this morning, although we were all tired and cranky. Adrian got AJ and Rocky up and started on their days and then dropped Rocky off at daycare for the day. I got Daniel and myself ready for the day and then when Cameron got here, they got started on school for the day. I got Zak up and moving so he was also ready to start school on time. The day passed quickly with the boys doing school work and playing with Beyblades or on the trampoline in between classes. I worked around the house and got a ton done while they were working.

After Cameron was picked up, I got ready to leave for our night activities. I had a quick dinner of leftover pork tacos from the other day and then headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class. We had an awesome time and I felt great when I got home! After a quick walk with Rocky, we watched two episodes of "Cobra Kai" as a family. We finished season 1 and started season 2 and we are all loving this show!! After getting the boys to bed, Adrian and I watched the Jets lose again. YouTubeTV has this great feature where you can start a live event late & just catch up with the highlights that you missed. We used that to watch the first half and then watched most of the second half. I went to bed before the game was over, it was pathetic and I was exhausted.

Friday (10/2) The boys didn't have school today so we all got to sleep in a little bit. Cameron was still coming over though because his mom was working so Daniel and I got up and moving. Adrian got up and got Rocky thru her morning routine and then headed upstairs to work. When AJ and Zak finally got up and moving, I got everyone thru their morning routine and then pretty much let them play video games all day. I headed out late morning to get a much needed pedicure. It was nice to relax for an hour and now my feet look pretty and ready for the fall!

The rest of the day passed quickly while the boys played and I worked around the house. Cameron was picked up a little earlier than usual since his mom only had meetings today. Our evening plans changed a few times and we ended up having nothing to do tonight. Zak didn't sleep well so he passed out in our bed while watching TV around 8pm. We left him there and let the other boys have some extra video game time while Adrian and I played a game of "Pan Am" and he finally won! Then we put the other boys to bed and watched one episode of "Parks and Rec" before heading to bed too. We have an early morning tomorrow!

Saturday (10/3) After a rough night of sleep, today started earlier than I wanted it to. Adrian and Zak were getting ready to leave to go camping for the night so I helped them finish getting ready and head out the door. I was supposed to teach my Zumba class this morning, but I fell walking Rocky last night so I decided to give my knee the morning to rest. I got AJ and Daniel thru their morning routine and then got ready to attend my 3rd virtual jam this morning. I traveled to Canada to learn from a new to me jammer and had a great time! I learned 4 songs, 2 of which I'll be adding to my classes this week. Unfortunately I didn't dance as much as I would have liked since my knee hurt, but that was a perk to jamming from home, I was able to ice and elevate it.

When the jam was over, we all had lunch together and then Daniel took a walk with Rocky and I. Then I worked around the house while AJ and Daniel played video games and watched YouTube. The day passed quickly while we were all busy. We stopped what we were doing to have dinner and smoothies together since it's world smoothie day. Then AJ took a walk with Rocky and I before they both headed back upstairs. I spent the rest of the night working around the house, relaxing and watching "Double Shot at Love." I haven't heard much from Adrian, but I'm hoping they are having a good time!!

Sunday (10/4) Since I was alone overnight, I slept like a rock...and slept for almost 10 hours!! I thought I had an alarm set to get up for church, but I did not. AJ and Daniel also slept in and none of us got up until close to 10am. It was glorious! I got Rocky thru her morning stuff and soon after Adrian and Zak got home from camp. They had a great time and Zak enjoyed telling me all about it. He fished, hiked, shot BBs and archery and played with a few friends. He also found a giant walking stick on his hike and is now calling himself "stick ninja." They were both a little tired, but had a great time camping out at Falling Rock, I'm so happy for both of them!

After they unpacked and got settled, we got to work around the house. AJ had some homework to finish up for the weekend and we did our weekly chores around the house. We decided to skip our ice cream trip this week since we were running short on time but did play our weekly board game. It was my pick this week so we played "Sushi Go Party." We had a fun time and Adrian won pretty big. In between cleaning and playing we also watched the Sunday football games and were disappointed in the Cowboys again. It is going to be a long season for both my team and Adrian's!

The day passed quickly and was very productive with a little bit of fun thrown in. We got our Halloween costumes figured out and ordered and are ready for another great week of virtual school. We have our grocery list together and are making a good dent in all of the food that we have here. I feel very ready to go into the next week, even if it's a busy one. We finished our night with two episodes of "Cobra Kai" with the boys before they went to bed. That show is so good and we are loving every episode!! Then Adrian and I watched another episode of "Parks & Rec" and are almost finished with that series, which we are also loving. It was a pretty great Sunday for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment