Monday, October 26, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/19 - 10/25)

Monday (10/19) Back to our normal routine today, sort of. This week AJ has a lighter week because the students in his school that are going hybrid have orientation this week so he has significantly less Zoom calls. We all got to sleep in a little bit because of that this morning. I was the first one up and got Daniel up and ready for school since he still had to start on time. The rest of the guys woke up as the morning went on. It was a gross, rainy day so we spent most of the day inside, which did not make Rocky happy. The boys did their schoolwork and I did all the stuff around the house that I didn't get done over the weekend since we were out most of the weekend. The day passed super quickly and everyone did a great job of staying focused and finishing all of their work early in the afternoon.

When they were done with school, I gave them some free time to play video games and I got dinner together and continued to work around the house. Then we got ready for our evening activities. I headed to the church for to teach my weekly Zumba Toning class. We had a smaller class than usual but still got a great workout. While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his weekly Scout meeting where they finished up planning for our flag retirement ceremony this weekend. When we all got home, we cleaned up a little and then watched "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" together. Then we got the boys down to bed for the night and watched some of the Cowboys game before we got bored since they were losing horribly. We watched one episode of "Schitt's Creek" and then also headed to bed for the night.

Tuesday (10/20) We got up and moving on time again this morning, and we were back to the early time since AJ had all of his Zoom calls today. Adrian got him up and started on school and then got Rocky thru most of her morning routine. Since it was raining again, they didn't get their normal morning walk which was upsetting for both of them. I got Daniel and Zak up and ready for their day and everyone started on school work. Today is our long day because Zak has speech at the end of the day. The boys did a great job of staying on task and getting all of their work done. They stayed busy in between things by reading, playing on the trampoline between the rain and playing with magic tracks.

When school was over for the day, the boys played video games and I ran out to finish up my grocery shopping for the week. I did a pick up order from Meijer and was not impressed with their service at all. Then I ran to Aldi to finish up and when I got home, the boys helped me put everything away. We made tacos for dinner and then I headed out to our Scout hike, without Zak because he was being stubborn. I had a nice time walking in the dark at Blacklick Woods for about an hour with about half of my den.

When I got home, we took Rocky for a walk then got set up for family movie night. We watched Daniel's pick of "The House with a Clock in the Walls." It was slow to start but then was really good. All of the boys loved it, and AJ kept yelling at the characters when they made bad decisions. When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed for the night. Then we got our snacks and watched an episode of "Schitt's Creek" before we also headed to bed.

Wednesday (10/21) We got to sleep in a little this morning since it's a mostly work on your own day today. I got Daniel and Zak up and moving since they have friends coming over for the day. Adrian got Rocky thru her morning routine then headed upstairs to work. Patrick, McKenzie and Hailey all got here and got started on their schoolwork for the day. The younger ones have a 9am Zoom call every Weds and after that, all 6 kids worked hard to finish up their schoolwork. We had a delicious lunch of chicken nuggets, grapes and chocolate cupcakes. When they were all done with schoolwork, they were released to play. The played on the trampoline, had a Nerf gun fight and played a live version of "Among Us." Then they finished up their day with some video games. Everyone did great today, I am thankful for all of these kids!

After everyone was picked up, I organized our free breakfasts & lunches for the week and then made dinner for everyone. We had a nacho bar since it's nacho day and everyone found something they liked. Daniel likes just chips and cheese, AJ liked nachos with tortilla chips and Zak liked them with Doritos. After dinner, I headed out to work at the church for an hour and got a ton of stuff done since it was pretty quiet. When I got home, we took Rocky on a nice long walk and then watched "Back to the Future" as a family. I missed most of the movie because I was talking to my brother Jon in Texas. When the movie was over, we got the boys down to bed and then watched the season premier of "The Goldburgs." It was hilarious as always!!

Thursday (10/22) We had a little lighter day today because AJ again didn't have many Zoom calls since it's orientation day for the rest of his school. We slept in a little, then got up with Daniel and started our day. Adrian dropped Rocky off at daycare for the day and then headed upstairs to work. Daniel and I got ready and waited for Cameron and Hailey to get here for the day. Zak slept in because he really needed some sleep. When everyone was here and up, they did a great job of focusing on their school work and getting to all of their Zoom calls. In between work, they played on the trampoline, with the marble track and created different ways to play "Among Us" in real life instead of on the computer.

When they were done with school for the day, they all played video games together. Zak and Hailey are creating a whole Minecraft world that they play in each day when school is done. They all had a great time playing and I was able to get all of my stuff together for tonight. After Hailey & Cameron were picked up, I headed out to a shopping fundraiser. I went to the Zulily warehouse and shopped while support families affected by childhood cancer. I found a bunch of cute stuff for the house and a few things for myself while I was there. It was super hot and overwhelming but I'm glad I went!

After that, I headed back to the church to teach my Zumba class. I was still hot and overwhelmed but we had an awesome class and got a great workout. While I was there, Adrian picked up Rocky from daycare where she had a blast as usual! She got to try pumpkin pie for the first time and as you can see from her picture, I think she liked it. He also took the boys to Lowe's for their Halloween event and each boy got a pumpkin and a small bag of snacks and then picked up pizza for dinner on the way home. When we all got home, we were exhausted from a long and busy day! We watched an episode of "Press Your Luck" as a family, then put the boys to bed for the night. Then Adrian and I watched "The Conners" and "Black-ish" while having snacks before we also headed to bed.

Friday (10/23) We were all up and moving on time today, although we were struggling to get moving. Adrian, Zak and I all had a rough night of sleep last night. Adrian got AJ up and ready, got Rocky thru her morning and then headed upstairs to work. I got Daniel up and we both got ready for our day. When Cameron got here, they started their school day and did a pretty good job of staying focused on their school work and Zoom calls. Zak had slept on the couch downstairs and woke up soon after everyone started school and got ready for his day. When Hailey got here, they played for a bit and then got started on school for the day. There were a few frustrations today, mostly stemming from loss of sleep I'm sure, but we managed to get thru the day in a timely fashion and get everything done.

When they were done with school, the kids headed upstairs to play video games and I worked a bit around the house. The rest of the day passed quickly and before long it was time for dinner and to figure out our night. We had planned to go to a trunk or treat, but when bad weather moved it inside, we opted not to go. We did head out to Gahanna to see their Goblin Trail, only to find out on our way that they had to close early due to bad thunderstorms in the area. So we came home and hung out instead. Adrian and I played another game of Suburbia, and I lost again. I can not figure out how to win that game! We also played a few hands of a new card game called The Crew which was pretty good. While we played board games, the boys played video games upstairs. We finished the night by watching two episodes of "Schitt's Creek" and then getting everyone to bed since we have a jam packed and early day tomorrow.

Saturday (10/24) We were up and moving early this morning, thankfully everyone got a good night of sleep though. I got ready and headed to the church to teach my Zumba class. It was a small one, but we had fun and got a great workout as always. While I was there, Adrian took Zak to his weekly bowling league. He had a rough week, the lanes were tough to be consistant on this week. But he had fun and he learned more about bowling and that's really all we are hoping for this year. When we all got home, we had a quick lunch and then packed up and headed out on our weekly field trip.

This afternoon we headed to Young's Jersey Dairy out in Springfield. AJ and Adrian went there 3 years ago and have been talking about the ice cream ever since. We had a fun afternoon playing mini golf, finishing the corn maze, riding in a wagon and playing on some of their playground equipment. Zak especially liked the human hamster wheels. When we were done playing outside, we grabbed some of the famous ice cream and then headed home. The ice cream did not disappoint!! It was huge and it was delicious!! Zak and Daniel couldn't even finish their cones, but the rest of us were able to finish ours.

When we got home, the boys headed upstairs to play video games for a bit and Adrian and I got a few things done around the house while Adrian watched the first OSU football game of the season. I'm glad they won, maybe we'll have some good football luck this season after all. Adrian and I were really tired after the long day so after dinner, we just watched some TV for the night. We watched last week's "Card Sharks" and then two more episodes of "Schitt's Creek." Adrian fell asleep after that so I forced myself to stay up so the boys could stay up until midnight as they always do on Saturdays. I watched a few episodes of "Double Shot at Love" which is so cheesy but you know I love my reality TV! When it was finally midnight, I headed upstairs and put the boys to bed and then fell right asleep myself. It was a great day!!

Sunday (10/25) We all slept late this morning, we needed it after yesterday! Adrian got up and moving quicker than the rest of us because he headed to the park to help AJ's Scout troop set up for their flag retirement ceremony later today. I got the boys thru all of their morning stuff and then started working around the house for the day. The boys played video games until it was time for AJ and Adrian to head to the ceremony. They had a good time and AJ enjoyed being a bigger part of it this year than past years.

When they got home, we did our weekly work around the house as a family. The boys finished up their homework and did their weekly clean up. We had a quick dinner together, set up our activities for next week and played a game of Super Mario Level Up, which Daniel won. By then the day was just about over and we needed Zak to get to sleep early since he has AIR testing tomorrow. We watched another episode of "Unfortuntate Events" and then got the boys to bed. Then Adrian and I finished a few things around the house, watched two episodes of "Schitt's Creek" and headed to bed too. It's going to be a busy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment