Saturday, March 7, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/28 - 3/5)

Friday (2/28) We made it to another weekend!  We all got up and moving but were moving very slow because we were all tired from another long week.  Adrian helped get AJ and Daniel ready for school and then he headed out to work for the day.  I dropped them off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  I dropped him off at school and then I headed to the Gahanna Y to teach class number 10 of the week.  I taught an awesome Zumba Toning class to about 50 older active adults and we all had a blast.  After class I ran a few errands, including getting the oil changed in my van and then came home to work around the house for the rest of the afternoon.

The afternoon passed quickly and soon AJ and Daniel got off the bus for the day.  They were both very excited because they have very little homework for the weekend.  Soon after they got home, I headed out to pick up Zak from school.  He had a great day at school and is very excited about his upcoming wax museaum project.  When we all got home and settled, the boys headed upstairs to play video games and I got ready to head out to class 11 for the week.  I taught a super fun Zumba class at the Reynoldsburg Y and then came home to have a quick dinner with the guys.  After dinner, we did a little bit of clean up then settled in for family movie night.  It was Daniel's pick this week and we continued rewatching the Avengers movies with Iron Man 3 tonight.  It was better than Adrian and I both remembered.  After the movie, we got the boys to bed, watched one of our comedies from our DVR and headed to bed for the night.

Saturday (2/29) Happy Leap Day!!  We were all up and moving early on this extra day of the year since we had a full morning.  I got Daniel up and ready to head out to his art class with our friends.  Then I headed into the church for my Zumba class.  We did a special 90 minute playlist to celebrate the extra day of the year.  After class, I headed downtown to pick up Daniel and David from art class and was excited to see some of the things Daniel created in his digital art class.  While I was doing that, Adrian took Zak to his weekly bowling league.  Zak did great and bowled a 103 and 104, got a bunch of strikes and had fun.

When we all got home, we had a quick lunch together and then I headed out to the Gahanna Y for a Zumba fundraiser event in the afternoon.  I helped lead another 90 minute class with a few other instructors.  We had a great time but since this was class 13 of the week for me after my part, I was exhausted and ready for bed.  When I got home, I spent the rest of the day resting and trying to get a few things done around the house.  While I was at the Y, Adrian played "The Mind" with Daniel and Zak and then headed to the weekly CABS meeting to play some games.  He came home soon after I got home from the Y with two new games that he borrowed for us to try out.
After getting a few things done around the house while the boys played, we all took a break and had dinner together.  We enjoyed some delicious pasta and figured out what everyone was doing for summer camps this year.  Then the boys headed back upstairs to play a video game together while Adrian and I cleaned up after dinner and then played Pandemic Legacy.  It was our second try at February and thankfully we won this time.  After we finished with that game, I was too tired to do anything else so we had snacks and watched a few comedies from our DVR before heading to bed.  The boys wanted to stay up late so we let them stay up until 11 and then we all headed to bed at the same time.  It was a fun but exhausting day!

Sunday (3/1) Once again, we were all up and moving early this morning.  I was the one that had to be up early because I was serving in childcare for the first service at church.  When I got up, I accidentally let Rocky sneak upstairs and she woke up Adrian and Daniel.  They all had a relaxing morning at home while I got ready and headed to church to teach the elementary kids about worship.  Then we all met there for second service and went to church together.  After church I headed to the Reynoldsburg Y to teach my barre class, which is the first of 12 classes that I'm teaching this week.

After another large and awesome barre class, Adrian picked me up and the five of us went to look at new sofas.  We picked one that we all love and can't wait for it to be delivered on Friday.  After deciding on our sofa, we headed back home and got to work finishing up what we need to get done for the week.  We had a quick dinner together and then unfortunately the night took a turn we weren't expecting.  AJ had been complaining about his eye hurting and it was so bad that he asked to go to the doctor.  So Adrian took him to Urgent Care and we found out that he has some scratches on his eye.  He has ointment to use over the next few days and will be off from school tomorrow.  While they were there, I got the other boys thru their night routine and Adrian and AJ got home just in time for bedtime.  We put the boys down and then came down, finished up a few things and watched two episodes of "American Housewife" before heading to bed.

Monday (3/2) Back to our normal routine today, sort of.  Adrian and I got up and got Daniel up for the day.  We were all tired and cranky this morning but we managed to get moving.  Adrian left for work and I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school.  Then I came home and got Zak ready for school and dropped him off too.  AJ slept in since he was staying home for the day because of his eye.  He spent the day watching TV and resting upstairs in the loft while I worked around the house.  The day passed quickly and I got a ton of stuff done from my to do list!

When the school day was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak from their schools and we all came back here.  They had some free time to relax and then we finished up homework for the night.  I had dinner and headed out to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class tonight.  We had a smaller than usual group for a Monday night, but we still got a great workout and had fun.  While I was there, Adrian fed the boys dinner and started cleaning up the kitchen.  When I got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I finished cleaning up and watched two more episodes of "American Housewife" before heading to bed.

Tuesday (3/3) We got up and moving slowly again this morning, but a little better than yesterday.  AJ decided he wanted another day to rest his eye so he stayed home from school again.  I got Daniel ready and then dropped him off to school while Adrian headed in to work.  Then I came home and got Zak, AJ and myself ready for the day.  I got AJ everything he needed to be home by himself for a few hours and then dropped Zak at school and headed to the Y to sub my last Zumba Gold class of this session.  I have had so much fun with this class the past 3 weeks and I really wish I could continue teaching it next session.

After class was over, I headed to the school to sub for a few hours.  Unfortunately they had double booked a sub for the same teacher so I came home for a few hours instead.  AJ and Rocky were both happy to see me!  AJ and I had lunch together and then I headed back into the school to sub for another two hour assignment, and this one I was able to cover.  I had an easy afternoon with some great 3rd graders and the day went quickly.  After getting my students on the bus, I dropped Zak off at home then came back to the school to teach Zumba to the teachers there.  We had an awesome time together as always!!

After that class, I came home for the night.  I got the boys thru homework and made everyone dinner.  After we ate dinner the boys headed upstairs to play together and Adrian and I got a few things done around the house.  Before long it was time for the boys' night routine so we did that and got them down to bed for the night.  Then Adrian got a call from a friend so he chatted for a while and I finished up a few things and watched Vanderpump Rules while eating my evening snack.  When we were both done, we headed to bed for the night.  It's only Tuesday & this seems like the longest week ever!!

Wednesday (3/4) Back to our normal schedule today with AJ heading to school for the first day this week.  We all got up and moving and Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready before he headed into work for the day.  Then I dropped them off at school and came home to pick up Rocky to drop her off at doggy daycare for the day.  After that I came home and got Zak and myself ready for the day.  I dropped him off at school before running a few errands and then headed to the Y to teach my three classes for the day.  Then I headed home to get everyone from school and get ready for the evening.

After picking Zak up from school, I did a few things around the house and we finished the boys' homework.  Then I headed back out to pick up Rocky from doggy daycare and pizza from Marco's for dinner.  I got home and fed everyone dinner, their own personal pizza since everyone wanted a different topping.  After dinner, I headed to the church to work my weekly hour at the front desk while the boys hung out here at home with Rocky.  Adrian worked late and decided to miss Bible study and come home after work.  When I got home from work, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then we cleaned up a little from the day and watched this week's "Survivor" before we headed to bed too.
Thursday (3/5) We all got up and moving on time again today, but we are struggling to get the boys to school on time because of all of the traffic going that way.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel up and ready and then he headed into work for the day.  I dropped them off at school and we just barely were on time.  Then I headed home to get Zak and myself ready for school.  We headed in together since I was subbing for the day.  I had a great day with the kindergarden class that I was assigned to today, and Zak and I both enjoyed wearing our Disney hats for hat day!
After we got home from school, I got the boys quickly thru their homework and then got dinner ready for everyone.  After dinner, I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class while Adrian hung out here with the boys.  They played for a while and then got the house cleaned up and ready for the night.  When I got home, we watched "Lego Masters" together and then got the boys down to bed for the night.  Then Adrian and I did a few small things around the house, made our snacks and watched a few comedies from the week before we headed to bed too.  This still feels like the longest week ever - I'm thankful tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment