Saturday, March 14, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/6 - 3/12)

Friday (3/6) We adjusted our morning routine today and got up about 10 minutes earlier to try to get to school a little earlier.  Adrian was also working from home this morning so we got ready even quicker.  He and I got the big boys ready and I dropped them off at school, significantly earlier than we have been all year!  I think this new schedule change is going to work out great for us.  Then I came home and got Zak ready for his wax museaum presentation at school.  He was Dr Martin Luther King Jr and did a great job with his presentation!!  Adrian was able to go in to see it since I had to work at the Y this morning.  Adrian headed into work after the wax museaum and also being here to accept delivery for our brand new couches!!
After my classes, I ran to Kroger to pick up my weekly order of groceries then came home to catch up on some stuff around the house.  I was really tired after teaching 10 classes already this week so I tried to rest and do some things that I could be sitting down for.  The afternoon passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time for school pick ups.  I went and picked Daniel up from school, got AJ off the bus and then picked Zak up from school.  All of the boys were excited about the new couches being here when they got home!  I got them settled in for the evening and then headed out to teach class number 11 of the week at the Reynoldsburg Y.

After a great class, I headed home for the night.  Adrian was supposed to go to his CABS meeting but he decided to skip it since his back was bothering him.  So we were all home for dinner together, a quick pasta dinner for us.  Then we settled in to our brand new recliners for family movie night.  We continued watching the Avengers movies and watched "Thor: The Dark World."  The boys did not like it and we only watched about half of it before they asked to turn it off.  We got them down to bed for the night and Adrian and I watched two episodes of "American Housewife" and headed to bed.  It has really been an exhausting week!!
Saturday (3/7) After a great night of sleep, we woke up and got moving this morning for a busy Saturday morning.  I got Daniel ready for his art class and then his friend picked him up and they headed downtown.  Then I got ready and headed to the church to teach a small but super fun Zumba class.  After class, I ran a few errands and then headed downtown to pick up Daniel and David.  While I was doing that, Adrian took Zak to his weekly bowling league, where he got an 87 and 92 continuing to be consistent with his games.  Then they headed to the church for Zak's all star celebration for Crossover basketball.  Zak had fun playing the team games and his team won 3rd place for the competition.  Zak also won the "Mad Hustler" award for the season.

When we all got home, I worked around the house while Adrian continued to rest his back since he's still in a lot of pain.  The day passed quickly while Adrian watched basketball, the boys played video games and I caught up on stuff around the house.  Adrian and I enjoyed a delicious dinner of grilled steak with air fried acorn squash and brocolli while the boys finished up their Marco's pizza from last week.  After dinner, it was more of the same around here and I finally finished up everything that I didn't get to this week.  Adrian and I played two board games tonight too, Gizmos which I won and Azul which I did not.  We let the boys stay up a little later, but not as late as they wanted since we lose an hour tonight with the time change.  After we got them down to bed, we had our snacks and watched a few comedies from our DVR before we headed to bed for the night.

Sunday (3/8) Ugh, the time change sucks and it really messed with our morning.  We did all sleep in which was a good thing.  But unfortunately none of us were up before 10am so there was no way we could all get ready to go to church this morning.  Adrian hurried up and got ready and headed out to second service to hear two former OSU basketball players preach and he really enjoyed the sermon.  The rest of us hung out at home and got ready to start our day.  I got ready and headed to the Y to teach my weekly barre class to a great group of women who all got a really good workout.

After class, I came home and did a few things around the house before Adrian and I headed out for a double date with one of the guys he works with.  We met him and his wife at Coopers Hawk for a wine tasting and then headed over to Beer Barrel for dinner.  We had a relaxing time drinking, eating and chatting.  After dinner, Adrian and I stopped for some Graeter's ice cream for dessert before coming home to the boys.  We got them dinner and they finished up a few chores around the house so we're ready for the week.  We got them down to bed as early as we could because we know tomorrow morning is going to be rough.  After they were asleep, we got a few more things done and then headed to bed too, trying to rest up for what looks to be a crazy week.
Monday (3/9) Back to our routine today, mostly.  Adrian's back is still bothering him so he decided to work from home for the day so he can rest in the recliners as well.  We got up and got the boys up so they could get ready for school.  I dropped off AJ and Daniel and then came home and got Zak ready and dropped him off.  Then I headed to the Y to sub a Zumba class this morning.  I really enjoyed teaching on a Monday morning, it was a great way to start my week!  After class I came home and got a few things done before heading into the school to sub for the afternoon.  It was a pretty easy afternoon with a great group of 3rd graders and it passed quickly.  Before I knew it, it was time to head home with Zak.

When we got home we were thrilled to see that the trampoline is finally being assembled!!  The kids waited (not so) patiently for it to be done while I got them all thru homework and dinner.  Then I headed out to church to teach my Zumba Toning class where we had a great class and more new people!  While I was at class, Adrian dropped AJ off at Scouts and then came back to finish up with the trampoline assembly and let Daniel and Zak play in it for a while.  They were so excited and had a great time jumping until after dark!  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house, watched two comedies and headed to bed too.

Tuesday (3/10) We got up and moving on time again today.  Adrian helped me get the boys up and ready and then headed into work for the day.  His back is still bothering him but it's getting better so he decided to tough it out.  I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school and then came back to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed into school together because I was subbing all day today.  I had a great day as a small group reading teacher meeting with 8 different groups of kids during the day.  The day passed quickly and was pretty easy, other than having to work express for both drop off and pick up.  That may be the hardest job in the school!  After I was done getting the kids out for express pick up, I sent Zak home with my friend and taught my Zumba class at the school to the teachers.  We had a fun time, although we were all dragging a little after the time change.

After class, I came home and let the boys play on their new trampoline for a while so I could get dinner ready and get ready to head out to a meeting for scheduling for Daniel for next year.  We both went and agreed it was a waste of our time since we pretty much knew everything that they went over.  Zak was supposed to have a Scout meeting but due to many leaders and Scouts being sick, plus the newly developing Covid-19 pandemic, we decided to cancel this week's meeting just to be safe.  When Daniel and I got home from the meeting, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down for the night.  Then Adrian and I cleaned up the kitchen and made our snacks.  We watched two comedies and headed to bed for the night.
Wednesday (3/11) We all got up and moving on time again today.  We shifted our time to get up about 10 mintues early last week and it is working great for us so far!  I really hope this continues for the rest of the school year.  Adrian helped get AJ and Daniel up and moving and then he got ready and headed to work.  I dropped them off at school and came home to pick up Rocky and bring her to daycare.  Then I came back and got Zak and myself ready for the day.  I dropped Zak off at school and headed out to run a few errands, including picking up the boys' medicine for the next month and some groceries that we need to make sure we're ready just in case we're stuck home for a little while.

After a few errands, I headed to the Y to teach my three classes.  I had a great time in all three and was especially excited to see new people in my Aqua Zumba class for this session!  After a fun day of exercise, I headed back to pick up Zak from school and then home to get ready for the night.  The boys played in the trampoline and finished their homework.  After I ran to pick up Rocky from daycare, we all had dinner together before I headed out to the church to work for an hour tonight.  I was super productive at the church and got a ton done while I was there!

When I got home from work, we got started on our night routine.  I got the boys thru their stuff and ready for bed.  Adrian came home while we were reading and helped with putting them to bed.  Then he and I came downstairs and finished up a few things in the kitchen before we sat down to watch "Survivor."  Unfortunatley our recording didn't work great so we have to wait until tomorrow to watch it on demand.  We watched two comedies instead and then headed to bed.  This has felt like the longest week already and it's only Wednesday!!

Thursday (3/12) We got up and moving on time again today.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel up and moving and then he got ready and headed into work.  I dropped them off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed in together since I was subbing all day in kindergarten.  It was a good but crazy day in my classroom!  And it got even crazier when we found out towards the end of the day that the schools will be closing for an extended spring break for the next 3 weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  This is both scary and stressful and also a little exciting to know that I have very little to do over the next few weeks!

When we got home from school, the boys were all super excited about the long break.  We went out and played on the trampoline for a while to burn off some nervous energy.  Then I quickly got dinner ready for myself before heading to the church to teach my Zumba class.  It was a very small class today, probably smaller due to all of the craziness of the day.  When I got home from class, we made sure the boys were ready for tomorrow which will probably be their last day of school for a while (the school is technically opened on Monday but I think that will change this weekend). 

When we were sure we were ready for tomorrow, we did some quick clean up and then settled in to watch this week's episode of "Lego Masters" together.  We were sad to see the team go that was voted off this week, they were one of our favorites.  Then we got the boys to bed and came down to make our snacks and get some wine.  We watched last night's episode of "Survivor" and again were disappointed to see Boston Rob get voted off this week.  We headed to bed after the show to get some much needed sleep for what I'm sure will be another crazy day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment