Friday, March 20, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/13 - 3/19)

Friday (3/13) We got up and moving in this new surreal world that we're living in for possibly the last time for a while.  The boys are supposed to have school on Monday but the way things are going I highly doubt it.  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel up and moving and then headed into work, again for probably the last time for a while.  I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school then came home to get myself and Zak ready for the day.  We headed into school together and I was a floating sub, helping wherever I could to ease a very stressful time for the teachers.  I spent most of my day in kindergarten helping get assessments done and packets copied for the students.
When the day was over, we all said goodbye for now and headed home.  I spent a little time getting settled and rested and let the boys play video games for the night.  I got ready and headed to the Y to teach my last Zumba class there for at least the rest of the month, possibly longer.  We had so much fun forgetting about everything and dancing for an hour together.  After class, I headed to pick up some supplies, pizza and donuts and then headed home to my guys.  We had Jets pizza for dinner and then just spent the rest of the night relaxing.  Adrian and I watched some TV while the boys played video games.  We got the boys to bed around a normal time since the boys were up early this morning and Adrian and I headed to bed soon after them.  It has been a very emotionally draining week!!
Saturday (3/14) Day 1 of "corona break" as the kids have dubbed this.  We all slept in today since we have absolutely no where to be!  After we all finally got up, we decided to spend the day relaxing and catching our breathe.  The boys spent a little time out on the trampoline but then it got very cold and started snowing (of course!), so they came in and spent the rest of the day playing video games and watching TV.  We also had a meeting to figure out what they need to do over the next few weeks to stay up to date on their schoolwork and how we will get it all done.

While they were playing, Adrian and I got some things done around the while also relaxing.  I got caught up on all of the dishes and laundry and almost everything on my daily to do list from the past week.  I also watched some TV, did some reading, played some video games on my tablet and played Viticulture with Adrian (I lost again!)  We ate a bunch of junk food, finished a bottle and a half of wine and really recharged our souls.  It was a fantastic day!!
Sunday (3/15) Day 2 of "corona break."  We slept in again today, even later than yesterday!  This won't continue for the next three weeks but for now we are loving the relaxed schedule.  We had a lazy morning of coffee and donuts together.  Then we watched our church service from the comfort of our living room recliners and heard a great message from Pastor Andre and listened to worship from our amazing band.  We got word that school will be closed tomorrow but open for about an hour today to pick up anything the boys left in the building so AJ and Adrian headed to the middle school to grab AJ's band notebook.
The day passed quickly while the boys played and Adrian and I worked around the house.  We took Rocky for a nice long walk this afternoon to burn off some of her energy.  We also started deep cleaning the house, starting in the loft.  We are spending 30 minutes every day with all 5 of us concentrated on cleaning and purging the house.  We'll get as far as we can in the next month, but based on today I think we will get a ton done!  Adrian grilled us some chicken for dinner and I made air fried cauliflower.  We finished our day with a family movie night to watch my pick "Wall-E."  Adrian and I both enjoyed it but the boys just thought it was OK.  I think they wanted more talking and maybe a little more action.  After the movie, we got them down to bed and then started watching this season of "The Good Doctor."  We're hoping to catch up on that since we have a more flexible schedule for the next few weeks.

Monday (3/16) Day 3 of "corona break." We all slept in again this morning and took our time getting started.  Adrian started working from home by setting himself up in our bedroom with his laptop and YouTube.  I got the boys thru some of their homework this morning, we have decided to do two "sessions" of school, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  The rest of the time the boys can play, go outside, read or do whatever else they want.  I may tighten that after our official spring break next week but for now we are going to try this and see how we do.  It went pretty good today with everyone getting everything done that they needed to get done.
Unfortunately as the day went on, I started to not feel well and ended up with some kind of stomach bug.  Around 4:00pm I went upstairs and told Adrian he needed to come down and deal with everyone downstairs and I passed out in our bed for a few hours.  I spent the rest of the night in bed sick and worrying that I have COVID-19.  We did a virtual doctor's appointment and thankfully I do not have any of the symptoms so I feel a little calmer.  While I was trying to rest, Adrian took charge of the kids and got them thru their second portion of school, dinner and down to bed.  It wasn't the start to this break that we wanted and are now praying that no one else gets sick!

Tuesday (3/17) Day 4 of "Corona break."  Thankfully after a lot of rest yesterday I feel a little better today.  I am planning on spending most of the day resting and hydrating so that I'm feeling OK for the rest of the week.  We all slept in a little and then got started on our new normal.  Adrian went to work upstairs in our room while the boys did their first round of school before having some free time.  They also spent some time outside on the trampoline, I'm calling it recess.  After lunch, Rocky and I headed out to her vet because she needed some routine medicines.  I wasn't allowed in the vet's office, they came out to get her and take her in and brought the medicine out to me.  It was a different experience, but I'm glad I got it done.
After I got home, we did the second round of school and I tried to get a few things done around the house.  I was still struggling with my energy a little from yesterday so I rested when I needed to and drank a ton of water.  When Adrian was finished with work, we all enjoyed pasta for dinner together and then spent some time cleaning and purging the video game loft.  Then we had our second movie night of this break and watched "Ratatouille" on Disney+.  It's a favorite for me and Adrian so we were excited to share it with the boys.  Zak loved it, Daniel liked it and AJ thought it was just OK.  We think he is in that tween state where he is too old for cartoons and too young for them to be cool again.  After movie night, we got the boys to bed, finished cleaning up the kitchen, watched "Bless This Mess" from this week and headed to bed for the night.

Wednesday (3/18) Day 5 of "Corona break."  I set an alarm for the first time in a few days so I could get up and get Rocky to daycare before 9am.  While I was getting her ready and dropped off, Adrian got set up for his day of working from home.  The boys all slept in a little after staying up late last night for movie night.  When I got home from dropping Rocky off, I got started on a bunch of stuff around the house that I needed to get done.  The boys had an extended recess outside playing on the trampoline before the rain hit for the day.  After that, they came inside and we had lunch and did their first round of school for the day.

The day passed quickly and everyone was super productive.  We got all of the boys school work done, I finished a ton around the house and Adrian was able to work quietly in our room.  Zak worked on a few requirements for Scouts since his school doesn't take as long as the older boys does.  He is almost done with his Wolf badge requirements and wants to do all of the elective belt loops as well, which I said we'll try to do since we have the time.  I also got to do some cooking and baking today.  I made banana bread for us and for a friend who is on bedrest while waiting to have baby number 3.  I also cooked a delicious dinner of egg rolls in a bowl and egg rolls in the air fryer.
After dinner, I headed to work for an hour at the church and was so excited to be out of the house and around other people!  I talked to all of them, even the ones who probably didn't want to.  When I got home, we worked more on the video game loft, which is almost done and hopefully tomorrow we'll start a new room.  Then we watched this week's "Lego Masters" as a family before getting the boys to bed.  After we finished cleaning up a few things, Adrian and I watched this week's "Survivor" and then also headed to bed.

Thursday (3/19) Day 6 of "Corona break." We got an early start today because AJ decided to get up around 7am.  It was a little rough getting out of bed that early after a rough night of sleep, but thankfully we didn't have anywhere to be so I took my time waking up.  After everyone was up and showered (an accomplishment these days!) I headed out to run a few errands and let the boys have some free time.  I dropped off a few things to friends then ran to Aldi, PetSmart and Dollar Tree.  I got about half of my list and will head out tomorrow to hopefully get the rest.  It was surreal being out in the stores, they were really dead and everyone was very quiet and focused.

When I got home, I got the boys thru school and did some more Scout requirements with Zak.  We did two rounds of school with our break in between like we've been doing and everyone has been keeping up with their work really well.  When school was over and Adrian was done working for the day, we finished up cleaning and purging our first room of this break, the video game loft.  The boys got rid of a bunch of toys and video games that they don't play with anymore and are now rediscovering some old favorites that they forgot they had.  We also moved the old couch up there so they have that to sit on while they play now.
After having Taco Thursday dinner together, the boys headed upstairs to play more "Rock Band" (we're calling it music class) while Adrian and I cleaned up the kitchen and got a few things done.  The night passed quickly with us just hanging out and watching TV.  We got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed by around 10pm, then we watched this week's episodes of "The Goldburgs" and "Modern Family" before we headed to bed as well.  This has felt like a ridiculously long week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment