Saturday, February 22, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/14 - 2/20)

Friday (2/14) Happy Valentine's Day!!  The boys and I are off today so we got to sleep in this morning.  Adrian still had to go to work so he got up early and headed out while we all slept.  Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep as late as I would have liked because I had a meeting at the YMCA to get to this morning.  I was bummed when the alarm went off, but I got up and moving.  I went to my meeting, visited with a few friends and figured out my schedule for next session while at the Y.  Then I came home and had lunch with the boys and we did a little homework before they headed upstairs to play and I started working around the house, mostly on laundry.

The day passed quickly and pretty uneventfully.  I headed out in the late afternoon to teach my Zumba class at the Y.  It was a smaller group than usual, probably because of Valentine's Day.  While I was there, Adrian fed the boys dinner and played a board game that he is borrowing from a friend.  When I got home, we had dinner together, did a few things around the house then had family movie night with the boys.  We watched "The Avengers" to continue watching the series together.  After the movie, we got the boys down to bed, watched this week's episode of "The Goldburgs" and headed to bed.  It wasn't the most exciting Valentine's Day but it was relaxing and exactly what we needed.

Saturday (2/15) Even though it's a four day weekend, we still had all of our Saturday morning activities.  Daniel and I got up and got ready together and then our friend picked him up to take him to his art class.  I headed to the church to teach a super fun Zumba class and then ran a few errands before picking Daniel and David up from art class.  Then Daniel and I went to Meijer to pick up the last few things for his birthday party later today.  While I was there, Adrian took Zak to bowling for the week.  Zak did great and bowled 104 and an 86, probably his highest series of this session!  He is really focusing on learned how to bowl now, especially with Adrian there to teach him.  When we all got home, we had a quick lunch together then got a few things done and got the house ready for Daniel's birthday party.

In the afternoon, Daniel and I headed out to pick up his friends and head to the movies to see the new "Sonic" movie.  The boys all loved it and are excited to see it's set up for another movie.  While we were at the movies, Adrian took AJ and Zak to AJ's basketball game.  AJ played great, got a few rebounds and earned the medal for player of the game!!  Then they picked up pizza and met us back at the house.  We all enjoyed pizza for dinner and spent the rest of the night partying.  The boys spent most of the time upstairs playing video games, Nerf gun war and building with bunchems.  We enjoyed cupcakes and opening presents together.  While they were playing upstairs, Adrian and I played this month's Pandemic Legacy game (we lost!) and Wingspan (I lost!)  Finally about 1am we told the boys it was time for bed and got them settleed down for the night.  We were all exhausted by that point after a long day and thankfully everyone fell asleep pretty quickly.
Sunday (2/16) The boys were all up an dready to go by like 8am.  Adrian and I were wiped out but we got up with them anyway.  They started playing video games and we all enjoyed breakfast together.  I made chocolate chip pancakes, Adrian made bacon and Daniel had picked out donuts yesterday.  After breakfast, they played until their parents picked them up.  After everyone left, I got ready and headed out to teach my Barre class at the Y.  I struggled to get started, but after a few minutes of movement, I felt much better!  We had a great class and I enjoyed chatting with some of the students after the class.

When I got home, I decided to go on a spontaneous date with Adrian.  I had to go to Easton to man the candy sales booth for an hour anyway this afternoon, so I convinced him to come with me and hang out for that hour and then we could have a date.  So we got the boys situated and headed out.  Adrian shopped while I sold candy for an hour, then we headed over to Cooper's Hawk for our monthly wine tasting.  We enjoyed tasting the 8 wines, including the wines of the month for the past 3 months, and picked 6 of the 8 bottles that we had to pick up.  With a little wine buzz, we headed over to Condado to grab a quick dinner of delicious tacos.  There was a 15 minute wait for a table so we walked around outside for a bit, which felt great to do in February in Ohio!!
After our delicious dinner, we headed home and got the boys leftover pizza for dinner.  Then they cleaned up a little and got the house looking amazing after yesterday's party!  When that was done, we settled in for another family movie.  Tonight we watched Adrian's pick of "Pirates of the Carribean."  The boys thought it was just OK, same as what I think of the movies.  But they were glad we did family movie night again!  After the movie, we put the 3 exhausted boys to bed, watched "Schooled" and "Modern Family" from this week and also headed to bed.  It wasn't exactly the Sunday we had planned but it really turned out amazing!!

Monday (2/17) We all had today off and took advantage and slept in!!  It was great to not have to get up with an alarm and then just start the day slowly with coffee and donuts.  We all really needed this long weekend!  After some relaxing this morning, we started getting stuff done because we also have some work that needs to be done.  I got to work around the house finishing some stuff up that needed to be done.  Adrian got the boys ready and they headed out to a morning showing of the "Sonic" movie since AJ and Zak missed the birthday party.  They all loved the movie and I'm glad it worked out that everyone got to see it this weekend!!

When they got home, we finished up everyone's weekend homework and then split up to work around the house.  When the boys were done with their chorse, they had some video game time.  Daniel got two extra Switch controllers for his birthday and they are loving being able to all play on that together.  Adrian and I worked around the house until it was time for dinner.  Then he grilled steaks for us and I make our sides.  We had a nice dinner before I got ready and headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  I had a great class, lots of fun with the ladies and a few new people tonight too!!  After class I came home and Adrian and I got the boys thru their night routine.  Unfortunately, Daniel spiked a fever at the end of the night so he won't be going to school tomorrow.  I'm hoping a day of rest will be all he needs and that it's not the flu that's going around.  After getting the boys in bed, Adrian and I did a few things around the house and then had some ice cream while watching some comedies from our DVR.  It was a great long weekend and we're all recharged and ready to go back to our schedule tomorrow!!

Tuesday (2/18) We all got up and moving on time this morning, except for Daniel who slept in since he's not feeling well.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and ready and then he left for work.  I drove AJ to school and then came to get Zak and myself ready.  I dropped Zak off at school and headed to the Y to sub a Zumba Gold class.  Daniel stayed home and slept in then moved to the couch to relax for the day.  When I got home, I got him some medicine since he still has a fever and some breakfast.  Then we spent the rest of the day hanging out together.  He rested on the couch and watched TV while I got a bunch of stuff done around the house.  The afternoon passed quickly and before long, the bus dropped AJ off at home and I headed up to school to pick up Zak.

When all of the boys were settled at home, I headed up to the school to teach my Zumba class to the teachers.  We had a small class but still had fun dancing and got a great workout.  When I got home, I got the boys started on their homework while I cooked tacos for dinner.  After dinner, we finished up homework and cleaned up from the day.  The night passed quickly and before long it was time for the boys' night routine and bedtime.  We were all pretty tired after getting back to our schedule after the long weekend!  We got the boys to bed, then Adrian and I came down and got snacks and watched a few comedies from our DVR before heading to bed too.  This Tuesday certainly felt like a Monday!!

Wednesday (2/19) We got up and moving again this morning, but once again it was everyone but Daniel.  He still had a fever late in the day yesterday and just isn't feeling right so he'll stay home again today and rest.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and ready and then headed into work for the day.  I drove AJ to school and then came home and picked up Rocky to drop her off at doggie daycare.  Then I got Zak ready and dropped him off at school too.  I came home and hung out with Daniel and made sure he was ready for the day at home.  Then I headed out to the Y to teach my 3 classes for the day, Zumba Toning, Aqua Zumba and Silver Sneakers.  All of the classes were packed and so fun!!  It's a tiring day but it's also so much fun!!
After my classes were done, I headed to Giant Eagle to pick up a few things and then to Kroger to pick up my grocery order for the week.  Then I headed over to the school to pick up Zak and dropped him off at home before heading over to Daniel's school for his parent teacher conference.  He's doing pretty well in Math and Science, I didn't get to talk to his other teacher.  After the conference, I ran to Aldi to finish grocery shopping, then went to pick up Rocky from day care.  There is another silver lab who goes there too and they finally snapped a picture of both dogs together.  They are SO cute!!
When Rocky and I got home, I quickly got everyone thru dinner and their homework before heading back out.  I headed to church to work for about an hour at the front desk, and work on paperwork for that job.  After that I finally headed home for the day.  The boys were having some video game time so I let them play for a little while longer while I cleaned up from dinner and unloaded groceries.  Then I got them thru their night routine and while we were upstairs reading, Adrian came home from his Bible study.  He helped me finish up bedtime and a little bit of clean up in the kitchen.  We finished our night by having snacks and watching this week's episode of "Survivor."  This season is so interesting with all of the past winners!!

Thursday (2/20) We were back to normal today and everyone got up ontime for school and work!  Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel up and ready before leaving for work for the day.  I dropped AJ and Daniel off at school then came home and got Zak and myself ready for our day.  We headed in to school together because I was subbing for the day.  I spent the day with an awesome group of 4th graders and had a pretty great day.  It fly by and before long, Zak and I were heading home for the day.  We had a little bit of free time, then the boys started on their homework while I started on dinner.  We had a quick dinner before I headed out to Zumba class and Adrian took the boys to get haircuts.  When we all got back home, we watched Lego Masters together before the boys headed to bed.  We are all really enjoying that show!!  Then we got the boys to bed, did a little bit of cleaning up, watched "The Goldburgs" from yesterday and headed to bed.  We were really exhausted tonight, this week is really hard for some reason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment