Sunday, October 18, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 10/19 - 10/25)

I can not believe it's already the middle of October!  This time of year always flies by since we are usually so busy and this year is no exception.  I had a very hard time planning a menu for this week because we have so much going on I'm going to have very little time to cook.  I would like to do some prep this weekend, at least for tomorrow but I'm also trying to catch up on stuff I didn't get done last week.  The boys are also worn out, we were supposed to go to a Halloween event today and all three asked to stay home and play instead.  Wish granted!

I did pretty good staying on track this week with the exception of not getting to one of the casseroles.  It was just not going to work out the night we had it planned so we had turkey ruben sandwiches and salads instead.  Not a bad quick meal to have on hand for this time of year.  And the fritatta I made took over twice as long as the recipe said it would to cook.  This really messed up our plans for Friday night.  But we rallied with a family trip to Menchie's for dessert. 

My freezer supply is also almost depleted!  We are super the next three weekends but after that we should slow down a little for a week or two.  I'm going to plan to do some cooking those weekends and also over the long Thanksgiving break.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Veggie Loaded Pasta
Tuesday - Chicken, Quinoa & Broccoli Casserole
Wednesday - Leftovers - I'll be gone all night so the boys are on their own
Thursday - Squashed Washington - I have a spaghetti squash to use & found this while looking for a different recipe.  Sounds yummy!
Friday - Eggs Pizzaiola - I will make this for my lunch & then the boys will have for dinner while I'm out volunteering at a school event
Saturday - Pizza (the boys have been asking for this & we have a full day)
Sunday - Chicken Paprika

Water Flavor - Strawberry Grape.  I successfully used up all my peaches last week, they were still delicious!  I'm hoping for a mild winter so there will be more to pick next year.  This week we are very low on fruit since I didn't really food shop last week.  I need to restock this week for sure!

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment