Sunday, August 30, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 8/31 - 9/6)

Wow, this weekend has been busy!  Really the whole week was busy and it's only getting busier over here.  My goal for last week was to find a rhythm for our increasingly busy schedule.  I killed it on Monday and Tuesday!  Wednesday went pretty well...other than forgetting my gym shoes and having to teach Zumba barefoot (Ouch!)  Thursday the wheels came off, although it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

This weekend I was gone most of both days doing Foundations of Strength and Conditioning training at the YMCA.  It was a great training and I learned a lot about exercising, our bodies and the Y in general.  I won't know until later this week if I passed the exam or not, but I felt pretty good after it.  With this training I can start thinking about putting together a conditioning class so I can sub from time to time at the Y.  I'm very excited to branch out of Zumba classes!

I skipped a few meals this week opting for leftovers one night (Thursday) and take out yesterday when my husband forgot to turn on the crock pot.  I carried the meals over to this week.  You'll see a theme of crock pot meals and quick and easy meals that everyone will eat.

Monday - Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes & Mango Salsa and a Bean Salad
Tuesday - Spaghetti and Meatballs
Wednesday - Rotini & Salami Casserole - this was a family favorite & made a lot.  I'm going out to dinner with a friend this night so I figure this is good for the guys
Thursday - Buttermilk Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes - I have buttermilk left over from last week's recipe and don't want it to go to waste.  But it was very hard to find a recipe that wasn't pancakes (and requires 5 cups!)
Friday - Slow Cooker Thai Chicken probably over zoodles
Saturday - Mongolian Beef with whatever veggies we have leftover from the week
Sunday - Over to my brother's house for dinner

Water Flavor - Black Grape.  I wasn't thrilled with grapes the last time I used them however I accidentally bought 2 big bags of black grapes (probably on sale at 2 different stores) and I don't want them to go bad.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment