Monday, August 17, 2015

Keeping Up With...Family (Summer Week 9 - July 25 thru July 31)

This week started with a fairly low key weekend.  We had a bunch of things on our to do list to get ready for our company that was arriving during the week and would be here for the next 2 weeks.  We mostly worked on the list, played with the kids and relaxed a little as a family.  It was nice.  I also went to an awesome Zumba jam where I learned amazing choreography to 5 great songs.  Jams are so fun to learn, network and dance!!

Monday we were going to head to the Gahanna pool with some friends, but my boys changed their minds at the last minute and the friends came over to our house to play instead.  It was more relaxing for me, I got to sit and catch up with Katie while our 5 boys played in the yard.  I didn't have to catch anyone in the pool or make sure no one was drowning.  I'm glad they changed their minds.

Tuesday we had another play date with one of Daniel's friends.  We picked him up on our way home and the boys enjoyed lunch and lots of time playing together.  I was able to get a bunch of things done around the house because the four boys played so nicely together outside and in our play room.

Wednesday we had a stay home day between Zumba classes because we had a big night planned...my Mom flew in for her two weeks with us.  Daniel was SO excited that he came with me to my afternoon Zumba class (with no child care), sat nicely on the side of the room and watched class just so he could come to the airport to see Nana first.  It was very sweet, and a huge surprise for my mom.  Everyone was very excited to see her.  AJ spent some time trying to teach her Pokemon.

Thursday we went to Meijer with my mom during the day for what seemed like the longest shopping trip ever!  We had a bunch of stuff to buy for upcoming family dinners, plus school supplies, normal groceries and the boys wanting to buy all the things.  It felt like we were in the store forever!  That night Zak and I also went to our ice skating class.  He continues to amaze me with how quickly he is picking it up!

Friday I ran a few errands with AJ in the morning, it was nice to have some one on one time with him.  Then we spent the day cooking and prepping for a big turkey dinner with Carl, Sarah and Isabelle.  We had a lot of fun eating and hanging out, then they took Mom back to their place to spend the weekend.  My Dad also flew in late that night for a long weekend.

It was a fun start to our two weeks with family.  It felt like a mini-vacation for all of us to have them here to do different things with!

No comments:

Post a Comment