Sunday, February 2, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 2 - Feb 8)

Wow, even though last week was crazy I still stuck to my meal plan.  The only day that I didn't follow was Saturday because Adrian and I were so tired and overwhelmed after the week that we decided not to go out and instead pulled out steaks to grill for dinner.  My work schedule changed last week again so now I am trying to find my rhythm with this new busier schedule.  This happens every time I change my schedule.  Plus I was still behind after being sick for over a week earlier in the month.  So this weekend I have wiped the slate clean and am just jumping in where I am and finding what will work for me going forward.

One thing I know for sure, I need to keep up with my planning or we will not continue to eat well.  We've been doing great about not going out and also not just eating junk for dinner, which are two big goals for us for this year.  I'm also doing a great job of using both my air fryer (all the time!) and instant pot.  It has been an interesting week though because our microwave broke last Monday so we've had to get creative to heat things up without it.  We ordered a new over the range microwave and it will be installed this week and I can't wait.  For now I'm already enjoying my extra counter space and I'm looking forward to even more when I create a new spice rack for myself!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Appetizers and junk for Superbowl Sunday including these air fried pickles
Monday - Pork Loin and air fried kale chips
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Shrimp Quinoa Bowls for the adults
Wednesday - Spaghetti Dinner to support AJ's Scout troop
Thursday - Chipotle Chicken Chili
Friday - Thai Chicken Salads
Saturday - Jets Pizza to celebrate Daniel & Zak's birthdays!!

Water Flavor - I'm doing lime and mint again this week.  I have a few more limes to use up and I got more fresh mint last week at the grocery store.  I'm loving the mint in my water - so refreshing!!

Overnight Oats - I got these set up this weekend and have one blueberry and one blood orange.  I'm excited to get back to eating them this week, I've had a few things that made it hard for me to set them up the past few weeks and I'm glad it worked out for this week.

Use It Up - I'm focusing on all of the fruits and veggies that I stocked up on last week.  I'll be using a head of cabbage that I have, kale, peppers and as many avocados as I can.  I'm also using up mango and kiwi for my snacks all week, and bananas in my smoothies.

Lunches - I'll be having salads again all week.  I have a lot of lettuce, peppers, tomatoes & avocados to use up so those will be my lunches all week.  I will probably have to make a sandwich again on Wednesday since I'll be eating on the run again.  But last week I used an avocado to make guacamole for a snack while I was out and about and it worked out great so I may do that again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment