Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Jan 26 - Feb 1)

Once again, I did pretty good sticking to last week's meal plan.  I didn't cook what was planned on Friday because I came home completely wiped out after the week and decided to relax and eat junk food.  It was just what I needed that day and I'm happy I did it.  I bumped the salad to this week, but I keep bumping it so I'm wondering if maybe I should just scrap it and move on.  Everything I made last week was delicious, and I am feeling great after returning to eating healthy for these past few weeks.  I continue to follow the eat healthy most of the time (goal is 6 days per week) and then do what I want on the other days.  It's working for me so I'm not going to change it.

This week is another busy one with lots of busy nights for all of us.  Friday night will be weird because it's the first night that I am teaching at 5:30 so I'm not sure if I should eat before or after.  Also Adrian won't be home that night since he has his board game group so I want something quick and easy for that night.  We'll see if I make the salad or just decide to have leftovers again.  Hopefully it won't be junk food!!  I did a giant stock up shopping at Kroger and Costco last week so I'm hoping to not have to shop this week and maybe just do a small fill in trip next week.  I have a ton of fruits and veggies ready to go as well as some lean proteins.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled Steak, Air Fryed Potatoes & Salad
Monday - Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry with Air Fryed Wontons
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday for everyone!
Wednesday - Potato Soup and Salad
Thursday - Pasta
Friday - Italian Sub Salad
Saturday - Adrian and I are going out for dinner!!

Water Flavor - I used up the rest of the mint I had (although I have another bunch now) and combined it with limes for water this week.  It's delicious, tastes a little like a mojito.

Overnight Oats - I once again forgot to buy almond milk last week so I wasn't able to set any up this weekend.  I'm hoping to get it and set them up sometime during the week but honestly I have so little free time I don't know that I will be able to set them up.  I stocked up on grapefruits and protein bars so that will be my breakfasts for the week if I don't set them up.

Use It Up - I'm finishing up some potatoes from our CSA this summer this week.  And also using the veggies that I bought over the weekend for our meals this week.

Lunches - I'll be having salad most days this week.  I'm stocked up on romaine lettuce and avocado so I'll be doing a lot of taco salads this week.  On Wednesdays I now have to eat while I drive so I'll be having sandwiches on those days most weeks.  It's just too hard to drive and eat a salad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment