Sunday, November 11, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 11 - Nov 17)

Last week felt like a super long week between adjusting to the time change, a day off for the boys on Tuesday and Zak staying home sick on Friday.  We also had a ton of new things added to our schedule including wrestling for Zak twice each week and Model UN for AJ after school once each week.  It was super busy but I still managed to mostly stick to my meal plan.  The only thing that changed was that I bought everything for meatball subs for tonight, including fresh bread, on Thursday.  The boys saw it and begged me to make them that night instead of waiting so since I had everything ready I made the switch.  I also got to use my new Ninja spiralizer for this meal and it is so fun!!  I can't wait to use it more!

This week is super busy again with something going on every night, including me working two nights this week.  Adrian will be out Friday night as well so most nights will be dinner in shifts.  I'm hoping we can stick to our plan for the week but we'll see how it goes.  Adrian also has Monday off so we'll be going out for the day, not sure if that will impact our plans for tomorrow night or not.  We've been bad about missing things we committed to so I'm hoping to refocus us this week and get everyone where they need to be.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Italian Chicken Thighs and Veggies
Monday - Turkey Noodle Soup
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys, Enchilada Pie for Adrian and I
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Tilapia and Veggie Packs
Friday - Tortellini Veggie Bake
Saturday - Pork and Veggies

Water flavor - Mango because I got one on sale at Aldi this week

Overnight Oats - We ate just about all of them last week so I'll be starting from scratch today.  I think I'm going to do a double batch of peanut butter and a double batch of chocolate.  That will get us thru most of the week.  I will also probably do a double batch of plain just to be sure we are covered for the week.

Use It Up - I noticed as I was writing out the meals that I have a lot that are using "veggies."  Most of them are veggies that I have, but I will need to buy a few as well.  I'm using up leftover turkey, celery and carrots in the soup on Monday and broccoli in the packets on Thursday.  Other than that I'm mostly trying to get back to eating well and having a nice variety of food each week.

Lunches - I'll be having salad most days.  I made homemade ranch dressing and hard boiled eggs this weekend to use for lunches.  There will also be a lot of leftovers since there are a few nights that Adrian or I won't be eating dinner at home so I may take those one or two days as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment