Sunday, January 24, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 1/25 - 1/31)

Wow, for the first time in a long time I cooked everything that was on my plan last week!  And everything was delicious!  We enjoyed all of our meals this past week, have a bunch of leftovers coming into this week and kept to our healthy eating goals.  I also made these granola bars yesterday that were intended for breakfast but I think will probably be an afternoon snack for me.  I had one last night for "dessert" - so good!

We did a pretty good job of getting back on our normal routine last week even though we had a holiday and a sick day for Daniel.  We also have a slight cold going thru the house.  It started with Zak and now Daniel and I seem to have it.  It's a head cold with lots of coughing and stuffy noses, but not sick enough to keep us down.  I'm on the mend and feel like as long as I get a good night sleep tonight I'll be good to go this week!

I once again didn't meal prep this weekend, but I feel ready for this week.  I have most of the grocery shopping done for the week already thanks to great sales last week.  And I have all of our fruit cut up and ready to snack on.  I have the granola bars and hard boiled eggs also for snacks.  And cucumber water is already infusing.  I'm also thankful the blizzard switched paths and here in OH we didn't even get a dusting!  Sending prayers to all my friends back East!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pizza Casserole
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Keilbasa with saurkraut and pierogies
Thursday - Roasted Chicken with roasted veggies & potatoes
Friday - Vegetable soup made with broth from the chicken bones & all the leftover veggies in my fridge, plus some beans & maybe orzo.  I'm flying by the seat of my pants on what I put in this!
Saturday - Asian Crack Slaw with Sausage Egg Rolls in a Bowl
Sunday -  Leftovers or a freezer meal, we have a very busy day!

Water Infuser Flavor - cucumber - thanks to Aldi for having them for a quarter!  I'll be adding spearmint essential oil to this water most days because it's so good!  And maybe some citrus oils at the beginning of the week to help my throat and keep my immunity up against other germs.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting to get to the point where I make everything that's on the plan, congrats! I hope you and your family feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete