Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Break Time!)

I'm going to keep this pretty short.  I've been talking for a few weeks now about how I'm in a slump and can't really find my groove with eating right or working out.  I keep trying to reset myself, then failing, then beating myself up about it, then eating more, etc.  So I've made a decision, I'm taking a break.

What kind of a break?  I don't really know.  I'm not tracking what I eat right now.  I'm trying to eat healthy, but not worrying if I steal some Despicable Me graham crackers from the boys (yeah, those are delicious!)  I'm still menu planning and cooking healthy dinners, just not measuring out every thing.  I'm still teaching my six Zumba classes each week and occasionally subbing.  And I'm keeping up on my monthly strength challenges.  But that's about it.  I'm not really trying to get to any other classes or gym time.

I've decided to just enjoy my time with my boys and prep for the craziness that will ensue in the next few weeks.  The boys start school one week from today.  Then we leave for Florida two weeks from Friday.  There is A LOT to be done for both things.  Plus all of the boys fall sports are starting so we have a pretty busy schedule.  I'm using any time that would be at the gym getting ready for all of this.

What's next?  Again, I'm not sure.  I'll be thinking a lot about my goals for the last 4 months of the year as we drive back and forth from Florida.  We get back on a Monday and I normally weigh in on Wednesday so I will take that Tuesday to make a plan and figure things out.  Then get started on Wednesday Sept 10th.  It will probably be tracking again on My Fitness Pal and exercising a lot.  I need to spice it up and get at least 2 strength type classes each week.  I would also really like to add a spinning class to my schedule.  And I still have a Groupon for boot camp and one for barre classes.  And essential oils will be part of my plan, more on that soon.

I'm going to take a break from blogging about my workouts because honestly they are pretty boring right now, nothing but Zumba.  I'll keep doing my weekly menu plan blog and updates on the family, just not the workout post.  I'm also taking a break from my scale.  I did weigh in this morning and lost 2 lbs since last week.  I have no idea how that happened, but I'm happy about it.

I'm hoping this conscious break will be the kick start I need to get back to it fresh in Sept.  I think between this, some new classes and a schedule (yay for school!) I'll be good to go!  If not, that's OK too.

No comments:

Post a Comment