Monday, September 17, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 15

This past week I was suffering from vacation hangover.  I remember when I started this blog I was talking about needing a "recovery week" from a vacation & this past week was exactly that.  Between me being lazy & the boys not cooperating, I didn't get in near enough training walks this week.

And I learned something...I need those training walks for the long weekend walks.  I did my 10 mile walk on Sat with my MIT group & I was in pain!  It was probably the hardest walk I have done.  Now it was also my first double digit walk (woot!) so I'm sure that was part of it, but I could feel it in my legs & they were tired.  I am recommitted to the training now, I will do whatever I have to do to get my walks in during the week for the next 5 weeks.

I am very proud to say that I am keeping up on my plank a day challenge though, I did them every day this week.  And today I made it for 1:00 in each position!  That's TWICE as long as I could do them only 17 days ago.  I plan to continue this even after Sept is over.  I'm thinking of adding an additional strength training thing next month, any suggestions??

Here's what I managed to do this week:
Mon, 9/10 - rest day
Tues, 9/11 - rest day
Weds, 9/12 - rest day
Thurs, 9/13 - 4 miles at Blendon Woods
Fri, 9/14 - rest day
Sat, 9/15 - 10 miles in Westerville with MIT
Sun, 9/16 - rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment