Monday, September 10, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 13 & 14

Well my training took a slight hit with sickness, back to school craziness & vacation.  I did what I could & I'm proud of that.  And I did walk at least a marathon in the Disney parks, all while pushing, pulling and/or carrying at least one child.  Have about 6 weeks left so I need to hit it hard now!
 
I also started a new challenge the "Plank a Day" challenge on Facebook.  You do planks everyday, once a day for as long as you can.  Three different positions, prone, left & right.  I started in FL & missed 2 days with the travel, but am doing it twice/day today & tomorrow to make up for that.  I can already hold myself :10 seconds longer, I'm up to :40 seconds in each position.  Goal is 1 minute in each by the end of the month.  Join the challenge if you're on Facebook!!
 
Here is the little I did the past 2 weeks:
8/27 – 3 miles on treadmill
8/28 – rest (my legs were super tired from doing 12 miles in 3 days)
8/29 – rest (sick kids stopped my trip to the gym)
8/30 – rest (travel day)
8/31 – rest (travel day)
9/1 – 3 miles in FL heat at Dad's pace, 2 miles at Downtown Disney, :30 planks
9/2 – 6 miles at Epcot, :30 planks
9/3 – 8 miles at Magic Kingdom, :30 planks
9/4 – 5 miles at Hollywood Studios, :30 planks
9/5 – 4 miles at Animal Kingdom, :30 planks
9/6 – 9 miles at Magic Kingdom
9/7 – rest (travel day)
9/8 – rest (travel day), :35 planks
9/9 – rest (I spent the day watching football - I love DirectTV!), :35 planks

No comments:

Post a Comment