Monday, August 2, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 8/1 - 8/7)

After an almost 3 month break, I am back to meal planning. This summer has flown by and I am very thankful that I haven't had to cook much at all. In May, I pretty much used up what we had to try to keep our grocery bill down and my cooking quick and easy since we were very busy. Then in June we had friends bring meals for over 3 weeks after my surgery. Between the meals, the leftovers and Adrian grilling a few times, we had all of our meals covered for that month. In July I had a few dinners I had to cook to once again empty our fridges, then we went on a two week vacation and ate on the road for that whole time. We've been back for just over a week and last week was a lot of fly by the seat cooking. This week we are finally refocusing on eating healthy and I'll be back in the kitchen most days.

We are so thankful that we had meals for all of those weeks covered, however since everyone was also trying to cook for the boys, we got a lot of pasta based dishes, and a lot of desserts. While they were all delicious, they have really added inches to all of our waist lines. And since I wasn't exercising at all for the month of June, I am really feeling it right now! I am looking forward to lots of fresh fruit and veggies over the next few months. We are still members with our CSA, but I got very small deliveries for most of the first half of the season. We were able to freeze some of the stuff we got so that will be available for months still. And now we'll have larger deliveries over the second half of the season so I'll be cooking around their produce for the next few months.

Our schedule is also starting to pick up with the boys' activities starting up this month. We will have a busy fall with AJ doing marching band and AJ and Zak doing Scouts. Plus Daniel will have a longer art class this fall and he would like to add a digital art class if I can figure one out. Plus they are all going back to school full time this year (yay!) and I'll be heading back to work this month too. Adrian is back in the office a few days each week and Rocky still goes to day care once per week. Our schedule will be crazy so as always I will make sure I have supplies for easy dinners like breakfasts, salads, sandwiches and leftovers. While the busy schedule is tough, I'm so thankful we're able to get back to (mostly) normal life after a year and a half of lots of adjustments and changes.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftover Pizza and Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Monday - Breaded Pork Chops and String Bean Salad
Tuesday - Burrito Bowls for the adults & Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Rueben Sandwiches & Corn on the Cob
Thursday - Vegetable Lo Mein
Friday - Air Fryer Salmon with Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini
Saturday - Grilled Steak and Corn on the Cob

Water Flavor - I don't have any extra fruit right now so I threw in some frozen berries to flavor my water this week. I did this last week as well and it was delicious!

Baking - Zak and I are making chocolate chip cookies for Wednesday since that is the holiday. Other than that, I haven't thought about any baking this week. I'd like to get back to making muffins or breads for breakfast, I think I'll start that next week. One step at a time for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment