Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 8/2 - 8/8)

It was another super busy week around here as we wrap up our summer! AJ had his second week of band camp and continues to really enjoy it. Daniel also had his final art camp of the summer so I spent the week feeling like a taxi driving everyone where they needed to be, which is just fine with me! While they were gone at their camps, Zak and I had some one on one time together. We went to the Scout shop and to Target to get what he needs for the new school year. We also had dentist appointments, which isn't super fun, but happy to get it out of the way and find out neither of us has cavities!
Other than camp, we did a few fun things this week. AJ and Zak went swimming Monday night for a Scout event. They learned some rescue techniques and then had fun splashing around with the other kids. While they were there, Daniel had a friend over to hang out and then had their weekly art class together. On Thursday Daniel's art camp was cancelled so he joined Zak and I and some friends for some swimming at another Columbus City pool. They had a great time at this pool, especially on the water slides they have there. We finished out the week with signing Zak up for the bowling league again and he bowled a few games with Adrian to get ready for the season.
The two highlights of this week were going to our first movie in the theater as a family since COVID and AJ's band preview night. Since we all wanted to see "Black Widow," we took advantage of the cheap ticket prices on Tuesday nights and went to see it in the theater. It was a good movie and the action was so much better on the big screen! I've seen just about every Avengers movie in the theaters so it was nice not to miss this one. Then on Friday night we all headed to the high school to watch part of the halftime show that AJ is learning this year. They are performing songs from current female pop stars and the show is called "Queen Bee." We really enjoyed seeing all of their hard work come together and AJ looked so happy and confident after the performance! Can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes and then see the final show in a few weeks!!

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 20 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year hitting 10,000 steps everyday -  I did better with this goal this week but am still struggling to hit 10,000 steps. I averaged about 8,000 steps each day this week, with Monday being the lowest day with only around 6,000 but also getting over 9,000 steps on Monday & Thursday. I tracked my calories all week and felt great! I was also rewarded on the scale with a loss of 4 pounds, for a total of 5 pounds for this year. 
  • Read 15 20 books for fun - I read another 25% of "Babyville" this week and am really enjoying it so far!
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 220 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For August I just picked a generic plan and am excited to see where it leads me.
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I'm pausing this goal at 2 for the year until August September when I'm back to teaching. I will be taking this month to get my stamina back up and hopefully can do a virtual jam in early Sept.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 5 games this weekend, Medium as a family and Monopoly Gamer, the Minecraft card game, Mansions of Madness and New York Slice as a couple. We enjoyed most of them, except New York Slice which we will be looking to trade. I also don't really like Mansions of Madness, but Adrian and AJ do so they'll play it together. So far we have played 106 of our games so far and are really on a good path to finish them up this year!
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We are working on cleaning out our basement and spent 20 minutes down there this weekend. We already got rid of a lot of stuff in that short time!!
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We didn't incur anything this week and are paying the minimums on everything until we get back from (and pay for) our vacation next month.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We watched "Black Widow" this week as a family and everyone loved it! It was our first movie back in a theater and I think we all forgot how much we love going to the theater. We'll be back very soon!! We have watched 31 movies so far this year.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated 8 holidays because we doubled up on Thursday. We celebrated National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, National Watermelon Day, National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, National Green Pepper Day, National Underwear Day, National Fresh Breath Day, National Raspberries and Cream Day and National Zucchini Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment