Monday, June 14, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 6/7 - 6/13)

This has been a pretty epic week, even though it was also my second week of recovery after surgery. We managed to do some really fun things while I also spent a good chunk of the week relaxing on the couch. Adrian also returned to work in the office for the first time in almost 15 months. He will be working 2 or 3 days each week for the next few months, hopefully longer. I had my surgery follow up and the doctor said everything is healing great and I'm cleared for a little more activity, light walking and cleaning. He said to still limit my lifting and not do anything strenuous. I'm cleared for pretty much everything on vacation and then I'll see him after to hopefully have all of my restrictions lifted.

Now on to the fun stuff from this week! Daniel finally got back to his art classes after a 3 week break. It was just him this week so his teacher caught him up on what the rest of the class has been doing the past 2 classes. AJ also was able to go back to Scouts and get some requirements signed off. He won't be going very much for the next few months because of marching band but he'll go when he can and still work on stuff here at home. Zak started his weekly fishing camp and caught 5 fish in one of the local ponds! He was so excited to do it and had a great time, especially once the fish started biting!! He also got to go bowling with Adrian this week and did really well, staying consistent right around the 90 mark. The boys also did two of the STEM kits that I picked up for them a few months ago. They had fun doing all of the experiments and making a picture of the night sky with glitter (that I will never get cleaned up from my kitchen table, ha!)
The big excitement was this weekend when my uncle and cousins came for a long weekend. They stayed at Carl's house to give me some extra time and peace to recover, but we spent a lot of time together. Friday I headed up that way with the boys and we went to the dam park, had dinner together, watched Vinnie play t-ball and went out for ice cream. It was a hot day, but super fun! Saturday they came down to our house and we had a giant pizza party for dinner, they played video games with the boys and we all played a fun board game together. Sunday they headed to Alum Creek for a bit in the morning and we chose to sleep in. Then we met up with them downtown and went to North Market for dinner. We finished up the weekend with a trip to Easton for ice cream and a little walk before saying so long for now. They will be heading back to NJ on Monday and hopefully coming back out to visit very soon! It was a great family weekend but we were all wiped out by the end so I know we'll all need some time this week to recuperate.
Here's how I did on my goals this week.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 20 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year hitting 10,000 steps everyday -  I am not worrying about this goal for the month of June since I'm recovering. Since the doctor cleared me to walk more, I started wearing my Fitbit and got between 2,000 and 3,000 steps each day. My goal is to work back up to 10,000 by the end of this month so I'm ready to go for my vacation. I'll only be weighing in at the end of this month, I know I'm gaining weight, it is what it is.
  • Read 15 20 books for fun - I read about a third of "That Summer" this week, it's starting out really good. Thankful to have good books to read while I'm stuck on the couch!
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 164 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For June I picked a plan focused on friendship since we are leaning heavily on our friends this month for help.
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I'm pausing this goal at 2 for the year until August when I'm back to teaching.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 2 games this week, Isle of Cats as a couple and The Game of Things with the whole family. Isle of Cats is one of our favorites, Game of Things was kind of slow and probably not one we'll play much. We have played 79 of our games so far this year. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage.
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We didn't work on this at all this week because there was too much rain to stain anything.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We didn't incur anything this week and are paying the minimums on everything until we get back from (and pay for) our vacation next month.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We watched one movie this week, Wonder Woman 1984. It was really good, we all enjoyed it! Our total for the year so far is 23 movies. We also have a list of shows that we are watching as family this summer including Loki (awesome!), Lego Masters, Press Your Luck, The Cube and Holey Moley (premiers next week). We hope to keep up with those each week and watch 2 movies, but it may be tough.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated National Chocolate Ice Cream Day, National Oceans Day, Donald Duck Day, National Iced Tea Day, National Corn on the Cob Day, National Rose Day and National Weed the Garden Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment