Monday, June 7, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 5/31 - 6/6)

This has been a very interesting week around here. I am actively recovering from surgery this week so that meant very little moving around for me. I would get up and do anything I needed to do upstairs, then come down for the day and spend most of the day in recliner. I felt good some days and horrible other days. I finally started to feel better this past weekend, but am still relaxing a lot so I don't have a set back. My plan continues to be to take it easy for the month of June and be ready to go for our vacation in July. Adrian and the boys have been a huge help the past week! They are doing what I ask them and helping to keep me entertained while I sit around. It's not easy for an active person like me to sit around and do nothing! We are also thankful we had friends drop off meals a few times this week, it is a huge help to not have to think about cooking every day.
In the middle of this week we celebrated AJ turning 14!! We had a pretty laid back celebration this year since I'm still recovering. We celebrated with an ice cream cake on Monday with Carl & his family and my parents. Then my parents were still here on Wednesday so we had pizza with them before they headed to the airport. We all played chess and video games with AJ all day and then watched his movie pick that evening, Roblox: The Last Guest. He got a phone upgrade, new Switch game, new FNF shirt and a lot of money for gifts this year and he is excited about all of it! Can't wait to see all he accomplishes over the next year.

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 20 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year hitting 10,000 steps everyday -  I am not worrying about this goal for the month of June since I'm recovering. As soon as I feel ready, I'll get back to my step goal and I'll refocus on healthy eating after vacation. I did weigh in on the first to see where I am for the year and I am up a few pounds this month and down 7 pounds for the year so far.
  • Read 15 20 books for fun - I finished "Only the Pretty Lies" this week and it was a fun, easy read by one of my favorite authors. I was able to get Jennifer Weiner's newest book "That Summer" from the library so I started that this week as well. Thankful to have good books to read while I'm stuck on the couch!
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 157 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For June I picked a plan focused on friendship since we are leaning heavily on our friends this month for help.
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I'm pausing this goal at 2 for the year until August when I'm back to teaching.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played a lot of games this week, thankfully I am feeling good enough to sit at the table for short stretches! We played Flick 'em Up with the boys, which I did not enjoy but Daniel & Adrian did. The Adrian and I played Hanabi, Horrified and The Gallerist together and enjoyed all three games. We have played 77 of our games so far this year. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage.
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We got the fence and play set power washed this week so those two projects are halfway done. Now we have to stain both things over the next month and hopefully cross both things off our list.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We technically incurred some new debt this week because we have to pay for my surgery. We'll be on a no interest payment plan for the next few months but should be able to pay the balance off this year.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We watched three movies this week, Roblox: The Last Guest, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Dumb and Dumber. Our total for the year so far is 22 movies. There was so big excitement around this goal this week since we got HBO Max for the month to watch a bunch of TV shows and movies together. And this weekend we finally returned to the movie theater. Adrian, Daniel & Zak went to see Willy Wonka and loved being back! We hope to go more this summer. We also kept up with the new Wipeout and Press Your Luck and were thrilled that Lego Masters came back this week! We can't wait to watch season 2 together.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated 9 holidays, doubling up on Tuesday and Friday. We celebrated Memorial Day, Oscar the Grouch Day, National Nail Polish Day, National Leave the Office Early Day, National Egg Day, National Donut Day, National Cheese Day, National Pineapple Day and National Frozen Yogurt Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment