This post will be kinda long & will be one final update on my goals from 2013. Then starting this week, I will do 3 posts each week: Mondays Menu Plan (a plan of what we are eating the next 7 days), Wednesday Work Out Updated (an update on my exercise & weight loss plan) & a Week in the Life post over the weekend (some highlights of our week as a family). Hopefully this works better for me & is also interesting to those of you who read the blog. If not, I'll change it up again.
Here is the final update on my goals for 2013. I'm not doing specific goals like this for 2014. I still have goals, but they will be more monthly or shorter focused than a full year.
1. Do 13 races in 2013 - Did it. It wasn't pretty, and the final few were virtuals & slow, but I did it. Gonna try 14 in 2014, but most will be free virtuals. I also have 2 half marathons on my schedule, would like to find a 3rd.
2. Exercise 5 days/week - Pretty much nailed this one all year. It helps that I'm teaching 4 Zumba classes per week. Will continue this in 2014.
3. Do monthly challenges - Did it, including a plank challenge in Nov that I loved. Will do this again in 2014 as well, will follow the Sisterhood of Shrinking Jeans monthly challenges.
Weight Loss Goals
1. Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - I was all over this thru the year. The last 2 months my eating has been horrible. Giving myself until 1/2/14 then it's on again!
2. Lose 1-2 lbs/week - I was doing well, then my eating fell off & I was maintaining, then gaining. I'm up like 10lbs since Halloween. Yuck! I will end the year down around 20 lbs so at least that's something.
3. Get under 200 lbs by
1. Declutter this house - I did really well with this the first 1/2 of the year & things were under control. Then I got involved with a huge project for the PTO at AJ's school & that took over my time. I'm proud to say that I finished that project in Nov, well ahead of my goal of finishing it in May. Starting next weekend, Adrian & I are cleaning & purging this house. It will probably take all year!
2. Read at least 12 books this year - Done! I actually finished 14 books & have 20% left in the one I'm currently reading so I'm gonna finish that in the next 4 days!
3. Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun challenge! I have taken a picture everyday & will make sure to finish out the next 4 days strong. Not sure if I'll do this again or not. Thoughts?
4. More consistent blogging - See above. :)
|Jones Family - 2013|