Monday, June 18, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 2

Well, this was a much better week for working out & training.  I LOVE going to the gym!  I have been saying all week that I'm a gym rat trapped in a fat girl's body.  :)  I enjoy everything about it, the classes, the people, the fact that my kids are in childcare for an hour, reading while I walk/bike, sweating, etc.  This week I will be going every day to the gym while the big boys are in VBS in the morning.  I'm also in a little contest with a few friends to see how loses the most weight & inches in the next month & I'm hoping to kick butt!! 

I also had my first training walk with the MIT group.  I challenged myself to stick with the 17:00 pace group (which is my goal speed for the 1/2) & I did it.  I was really pleased with how well I did & am looking forward to the next few months of training with the group.  I have to miss this week for work, but will still be getting my long walk in this weekend, somehow.

Here is how the past week went:
Mon 6/11 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, 15 minutes on stationary bike
Tues 6/12 - rest day
Weds 6/13 - 2.1 miles in neighborhood, Zumba class
Thurs 6/14 - 4 miles at Sharon Woods, Dance Jam class
Fri 6/15 - 2 miles on treadmill, Total Body Conditioning (TBC) Class
Sat 6/16 - 3 miles with MIT Group, Dance Jam class
Sun 6/17 - rest day

Totals so far:
Total Miles: 21.35
Average Pace: 17.48 min/ mile

No comments:

Post a Comment