Monday, July 5, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 6/21 - 6/27)

We had a super busy week and I honestly felt like I just spent the week making sure people were where they needed to be on time. Daniel had virtual art camp Monday thru Wednesday and then a field trip to OSU for art camp on Thursday. He enjoyed learning a new skill and making some cool art in this Mandala and Labyrinth themed camp. Zak had two different camps this week, Roblox virtual camp in the mornings and Art camp at a local church in the afternoons. He loved them both and was very creative in making things in both camps. We had a few technical glitches in both of the online camps, mostly on the days that Adrian was in the office, but we figured out work arounds and made it all work.
In between all of those camps, we had two doctor appointments, one for AJ and Zak with the pediatrician and one for Zak at Children's to figure out why he's still struggling with his writing. AJ also had Boy Scouts Monday night and worked on his Honors Biology summer project during the week. He also built a  crab robot from a kit we got as a gift. I had a Cub Scout planning meeting Tuesday night, which was nice to finally meet in person. And Zak went fishing for a few hours on Thursday and bowling with Adrian on Saturday. It was a super busy week and I was very thankful that we had a ton of leftovers and easy meals to eat all week because I could barely keep up with everything we needed to do.
Our weekend was a nice mix and fun and relaxing. Friday night we had a family art camp with Daniel's art teacher and we had a scavenger hunt and made a family labyrinth with the items we found. It was a ton of fun, even though we had some frustrating moments. Saturday night we spent a ton of time playing board games, video games, watching TV and recovering from the busy week. Sunday we had Adrian's parents over for dinner and they took Zak fishing again for a few hours. We enjoyed BBQ cooked on Adrian's new grill and had a nice visit. We didn't get as much accomplished around the house as we would have liked, but that's OK, we'll catch up over the next week.

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 20 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year hitting 10,000 steps everyday -  I am not worrying about this goal for the month of June since I'm recovering. Since the doctor cleared me to walk more, I started wearing my Fitbit and got around 5,000 steps each day with Saturday being my highest day with about 7,300 steps. That is my highest step count since surgery! My goal is to work back up to 10,000 by the end of this month so I'm ready to go for my vacation. I'll only be weighing in at the end of this month, I know I'm gaining weight, it is what it is.
  • Read 15 20 books for fun - I read about 25% of "Gilead" and am planning to finish it up next week.
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 178 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For June I picked a plan focused on friendship since we are leaning heavily on our friends this month for help.
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I'm pausing this goal at 2 for the year until August when I'm back to teaching.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 6 games again this week. We played Labyrinth, Lost Cities, Marvel Legendary, Machi Koro and Lords of Waterdeep as a couple and Just One as a family. We have played 91 of our games so far this year. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage.
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We continued staining the fence this week and are about halfway done. Once again we had to postpone this somewhat since it was raining on and off all weekend. Thankfully next week looks better so we're hoping to finish it then.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We didn't incur anything this week and are paying the minimums on everything until we get back from (and pay for) our vacation next month.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We watched two movies this week, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (just OK, but the boys thought it was hilarious) and The Witches (new remake - we thought it was great!) Our total for the year so far is 27 movies. We also have a list of shows that we are watching as family this summer including Loki (awesome!), Lego Masters, Press Your Luck, The Cube and Holey Moley. We hope to keep up with those each week and watch 2 movies, but it may be tough.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated 9 holidays since we doubled up on Monday and Saturday. We celebrated National Giraffe Day, National Selfie Day, National Chocolate Eclair Day, National Hydration Day, National Bomb Pop Day, Beatles Day, Smurf Day, National Tropical Drink Day and National Ice Cream Cake Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment